Chapter 23

A/N

Enjoy😘😋

-Naomi

"Shauna I know you said dress nice and delicate but I think this a little too much."

Leah said smoothing down a pink dress that stopped just at her knees flared out. Her milky brown hair was curled to perfection and nails freshly done but she had this inkling feeling something was going on about this party.

Shauna grinned as she looked at her best friend face confused about what to do, slowly she eased behind her in the mirror. "You look great! You can't even complain since I picked the best dress"

Leah sighed. "I know but why is this party so damn important"

"Because," Shauna said turning her friend around, grabbing the light pink lip stick. " There was a lot of work put into this and you don't want to miss it"

The two women giggled as they finished getting ready.

Leah wore Nude wedges, feeling a little more comfortable as she finished applying the last bit of make up.

Shauna wore a similar dress but it was blue and hugged her body just enough to show off her curves. Her make up was seemed to be more simple yet stunning with simple grey and blue look.

A knock at the door broke the pair out of their get ready session. Leah quickly turned down the bryson tiller playlist, blasting on the speaker.

"Leah can you get the door I'm still putting on my shoes." Shauna had her leg crossed over the other as she adjusted the ash grey wedge to fit her foot.

She stood up watching as Leah opened the door to see Chase grinning like a maniac.

His attire consisted of a light grey button up shirt and dark washed jeans, his shoes were black timberlands. For a second her heart stopped beating but it was about to turn into an eternity the way he walked to her giving a look.

Before the two could say anything wrapped up in their own trance, Domonic walked in dressed in his usual suit but no tie.

"Are you ready Leah" he smiled at his girlfriend knowing she would definitely be in shock.

"Yes let's go"

All four got into the car and headed to the unknown location, three of them excited and Leah slightly nervous.

After coming to a stop one by one The adults walked up the stairs into a fairly quiet building. Entering a door sweat started to form on Leah as they entered a full loft.

There was friends and family laughing and drinking all dressed differently but formal.

She gasped tears almost flooding her eyes, she turned to her love but he was on one knee.

Maybe it was perfect timing but they were in the middle of the floor as everyone got quiet.

"What's this Domonic? " the rhetorical question was said through an emotional voice.

" When the sun rises and I see it reflecting on your face gently, I can't help but to stare in awe as your beauty takes over anything else. I know we had our ups and downs and so much has been going on but I want to get through it togther.

" Your my oxygen my stars and the moon. You keep me going I wouldn't be able to see without you. You make the world stopping spinning when I think about how much I love you."

Tears were now coming out both of their faces. He took a breath to calm down, he hated crying but it was the good kind.

"Leah will you marry me? "

CLCLCLCLCLCLCLCLCLCL

The party was in full swing as the newly engaged couple took pictures and had Leah show off her 12.5 karat ring.

" Best damn proposal I've seen, not even your uncle gave me such a grand suprise". Aunt honey said to the group of women all laughing away and telling the love stories.

Leah was went to the restroom. Her happiness came crashing when she realized she would never see her parents that they missed out on this opportunity.

She could still her their laugh. Her mom milky brown hair with pink lips pulled out in a stretch, as she laughed at the antics of her children and handsome salt and peppered husband with laugh lines on him.

Tears came out as the woman collapsed to the ground. She knew Domonic would find her and end the fun but her brain felt like shutting down.

Terrified when the door open, she scolded herself for not locking it. Relief came as she saw it was aunt Honey.

"I know why your in here darling" Honey lowered herself to the ground as she grinned sadly at her niece.

"Your parents Oh god they would've been so happy"

"Why? How could they have died and left us, left me to pick up pieces I didn't know broke. I miss our family especially Lexi". Leah almost broke down but held it in determined.

Why does she hate me so much?

She knew her sister was an evil bitch but they were all they had. Leah's thoughts were said out loud when her aunt sighed.

Honey moved her dark brown and Leah swallowed the bitter taste in her mouth.

"Your sister hates you so much because you look so much like Diana".

"That dosen't-"

"There's a time you don't remember at all from your child hood but you would come to my house and Lexi would go to our mothers house. Your grandmother is still alive actually but at the time she was barely.

"She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder which led to her drinking I think in a way it traumatized your sister. Making her lash out"

Leah stared into the lovely honey orbs. She had a feeling there was more.

"We do have more family. But because of a circumstance your grandmother made us leave. "

-----

Leah wanted to know more about what happened. Hope swelled within her.

10 minutes later the aunt and niece walked out the bathroom with smiles on their touched faces.

" L where did you go me and Domonic were looking for you" Said Chase putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Oh so you two have bonded? "

"He might even be new best friend, " Leah pushed him as he joked. He got quiet for a second,

"Dmitri is here with Sunny and mini her".

They both looked at each other for a second after realizing his words.

"Shauna!"

After looking through the loft and calling her. She left a message saying she would call tomorrow, Shauna decided to leave early.

Eventually everyone left at midnight wishing the newly engaged couple luck. Chase got a taxi home and the couple went back to their apartment.

Walking into the living room Leah kicked off her shoes and heaved a sigh. "I haven't worked out in two weeks"

Domonic chuckled kissing her on the cheek. "I proposed and your worried about Mrs. Alexander ?"

"Mrs. Alexander I like the sound of that"

He winked before taking her hand. "Mrs. Alexander care to take a bubble bath"

"Why I think I do Mr. Alexander"

She laughed as he danced silly and sprinted to the bathroom.

End of this chapter hope you liked it I will push through :) ha ha.

Vote

Comment

Share