chapter ten.

The next day, Baekhyun was back at school.

Chanyeol tried to contain his relief when he entered the classroom that morning. Coolly, he walked over to the petite boy who had just plopped down onto his seat.

"Morning, Baekhyun," he greeted warmly, sparing him a small, sweet smile that made the frost of misery melt off of Baekhyun's heart.

"Good morning, Chan," he answered with a smile of his own. "I'm back."

"Yes, you are," Chanyeol grinned and stretched his arm out to ruffle Baekhyun's hair. "It's nice to see you here again."

"Did I miss too much tests?" Baekhyun asked. "I need to keep my grades up."

"You'll do fine," Chanyeol assured. "You've been on the top ranks since freshmen year, no one will be able to pull you down."

"How do you know I've always been on top since freshmen year?"

"It's hard to miss the person you like too much, baby."

Did he just-

A blush crept up into Baekhyun's cheek, much to Chanyeol's chagrin. He lifted a hand up to his face, his eyes visible enough to glare at the taller boy.

"Umm, excuse me?"

Their heads synchronically shot towards the new voice. They saw a pretty, petite boy staring at them.

"Hello," Baekhyun greeted politely. "Are you lost?"

"Oh, umm..." his hand shot up to his head, which he scratched awkwardly. "I'm... I don't know if you know, but I'm a new classmate..."

"Really?" Chanyeol said, stepping in front of the boy, startling him. "You're the new kid everyone's been talking about then! But I wonder if the ex-gang member rumours are real..."

The boy cocked his head to the side in confusion. "W-What ex-gang member...?"

Chanyeol placed his index finger and thumb on his chin and sized-up the boy. "You don't look like someone who'd be into shady business... but I can't judge a book by it's cover, can I?"

"I'm not a book though..."

Baekhyun stopped himself from bursting out into laughter and settled into rolling his eyes at the obnoxious conversation. He pushed his giant to the side and bowed at the boy.

"Ex-gang member or not, you are welcome. I'm Byun Baekhyun."

"Oh," the boy bowed too. "I'm Lu Han from China, but please call me Luhan. Pleased to meet you."

Chanyeol recovered and stepped close beside Baekhyun. "I'm Park Chanyeol, Baekhyun's boyfrie- oww," he hissed at the pain Baekhyun left when he twisted his ear.

There was a pink tinge on Baekhyun's cheeks. "You're not my boyfriend yet, jeez."

"Yet."

"Shut up."

Turning to Luhan, Baekhyun smiled warmly at him and said, "You can sit beside me, no one sits here."

"T-Thank you..."

Baekhyun got along well with Luhan, who was a total sweetheart. He comes off as timid and shy, which only became part of his charm. In no time, he has become popular over the school population.

"Are you sure I should come with you?" the new kid asked nervously as Baekhyun dragged him into the cafeteria during lunchbreak, with Chanyeol trailing close behind Baekhyun.