chapter four.

Kyungsoo and Jongin stared in confusion at their ex-third wheel bestfriend across the cafeteria table, who was sitting next to someone who was practically a stranger to them two days ago.

"You've got something..." Baekhyun reached out to wipe off a grain of rice from the side of Chanyeol's mouth. The way the taller gazed at him made even cold-hearted Kyungsoo melt against Jongin, weak from the two's intimacy.

"Yah, you two!" Jongin finally spoke out. Chanyeol and Baekhyun glanced up at them, both eyebrows raised and chopsticks poised in the air about to feed noodles into their mouths. Their crazy synchronization was driving Kyungsoo crazier.

"Are you two really heartbroken?!" Jongin whined.

"Yes," they simple answered as they placed their food into their mouths.

"Doesn't seem like so. It seems like you two are mending each other pretty quickly," Jongin pressed.

"We're just friends," Baekhyun defended, taking a tissue to wipe the meat grease from the side of his lip.

"You..." Kyungsoo glared at them, hands in front of them with fingers curling in frustration. "You need to be together. Fast."

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun who met his gaze as well, then quickly looked away.

"It's not that simple."

"Sehun."

The younger boy glanced at the owl-eyed older. "What is it, hyung?"

"Let's make a club. Jongin will be in it too."

"What club?"

"You know Park Chanyeol right?"

"The guy I've been shipping with Baekhyun since my first year?"

"Well, they're both victims of cheaters and are unknowingly making each other some sort of cure."

"WHAT."

"Yeah."

Sehun leaves his previous position and goes to stand in front of the elder. He grabbed his shoulder and shook him slightly.

"Sehun, what the hell are you doing?"

"TELL ME MORE."

"Well, I don't really know what happened. Baekhyun mentioned about catching Daehyun who was with some girl who was actually Chanyeol's girlfriend. Chanyeol then took a photo and made Baekhyun post it to shame them. They then went to some night escapade and ruined Daehyun's private life. After that, they becane this hideously intimate couple but aren't technically a couple."

Sehun sat beside Kyungsoo, deep in thought.

"Hyung "

"What."

"Let's make a fanclub. A Chanbaek fanclub."

"We can also make a fansite."

"Genius."

"Chanyeol."

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were currently underneath a cool shade of a tree, skipping classes. Chanyeol rolled to his side and with his head supported by his arm, he stared down at Baekhyun, who was peacefully lying down, eyes closed.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I know you're sticking around doing stuff for me because you feel responsible for your girlfriend's fault."

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, staring at Baekhyun's flawless and adorable features. "Why would you think that?"

"You don't need to feel obligated. Just leave if you want to."

"Stop being so pessimistic," Chanyeol reached out to cup his cheek. Baekhyun's eyes shot open, finding himself staring straight into Chanyeol's orbs.

"Hasn't it crossed your mind that I may actually have feelings for you?"

Baekhyun looked away, blushing in embarassment. "Why would you have feelings for someone like me?"

"And why would I not have feelings for you, Baekhyun?"

"Because I'm an insecure, emotionally unstable, worthless piece of gunk who can't even get over this heartbreak."

Baekhyun suddenly felt like crying, but he didn't want Chanyeol to see him this weak. Lips quivering, he brought an arm to his eyes and let go of his tears.

"Baek..." Chanyeol coaxed, trying to pry his arm off. Being stronger, he was able to.

Baekhyun may feel like he looked like a piece of shit, but for Chanyeol, seeing him wrecked like this, all beautiful and sad, was a fucking masterpiece.

"Come here," He pulled Baekhyun up easily, being so small and delicate. He then engulfed him into a hug.

"If only Daehyun to me was the way that girl was to you, Chanyeol," Baekhyun sobbed, burying his face into his shoulder while clutching on to his blazer. "Then I wouldn't be hurting like this."

Chanyeol released Baekhyun from his embrace and held his cheeks. He supressed a smile, seeing how cute the smaller looked with his eyes drooped low in sadness, his lips pouted and his cheeks flushed red. He leaned forward and began to kiss away his tears.

"You have me," Chanyeol firmly said. "Let me in your life completely. I'll mend your little heart. I'll wait for you. You won't believe this, but I've been liking you for awhile, Baekhyun."

The smaller boy gazed up at him with still sad eyes, but inside him, Baekhyun felt glad.

Glad to have Chanyeol.

"Sehun why are you crying?" Kyungsoo asked in annoyance as he watched the younger wipe away a stream of tears. "What's happening?"

"Chanyeol... he..." Sehun broke out into another series of ugly sobbing.

"Kid I'll break you!" Jongin shouted in annoyance, grabbing his collar. "Tell us!"

"Baekhyun was sad, so Chanyeol kissed his tears away!" Sehun exclaimed in a high-pitched voice. "How sweet is that?"

Kyungsoo clutched his heart, imagining how romantic that would be, then he started imagining how he'd kill Sehun who got the opportunity of seeing that scene instead of him.

"I'm gonna die!" Jongin wailed, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo for dear life from the feels.

"They seriously have this great chemistry, my god. They need to marry, fast."

170227