Twenty Three

Taehyung placed his hand over his neck, attempting to hide the marks, even though he already knows it's too late, "Uhm, yeah, sorry" Taehyung sighed laughed awkwardly, completely hating himself for not trying to hide them before Hoseok arrived.

"Anyways, come on in," Taehyung said, opening the door wide enough for Hoseok to enter.

Hoseok smiled awkwardly as he walked past Taehyung, feeling as if he just interrupted something special.

Taehyung shut the door and lead Hoseok into the living room.

"So," he said, taking a seat on the arm of the couch, "What's up?"

Hoseok looked around and scratched his neck, still feeling somewhat intrusive, "Uhm, well, if now isn't a good time, I can talk to you about it later. I can see you're a little busy," Hoseok said, motioning to Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung's eyes widened as he vigorously shook his head, "No, no! Stay! I want to talk, actually,"

"So, what is it?"

Hoseok raised an eyebrow, "What's what?"

Taehyung laughed and shook his head at Hoseok's cluelessness, "What did you need to talk about?"

"Oh, right," Hoseok sighed, "So I know things with us have been quite complicated, understandably so, and I know we've both moved on from each other. The problem is, Sungoh is angry with me for talking to you again and I don't know what to do. I really don't want to complicate things even more,"

"Oh...," was all Taehyung could manage to say. He could understand why Sungoh would be angry at Hoseok. He knew he sure would be mad if he were in Sungoh's situation. But at the same time, he really wants to fix things with Hoseok. For two years, he missed him and hated himself for hurting him and now he's finally got the chance to make it right, and he wasn't going to let that go.

"So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I really like him and he's special to me, so I want him to be happy. I'm glad he's looking out for me, but I do want to keep talking to you. I just don't know how to make Sungoh understand that everything will be okay," Hoseok ran his fingers through his hair and sat down next to Taehyung, a loud sigh leaving his mouth.

Taehyung took this moment to look at Hoseok. He seemed exhausted and somewhat lifeless. Was it because of him? Probably. Definitely.

"Look," Taehyung said, placing a hand on Hoseok's shoulder, "I don't want to get in the way of your relationship, especially when you're happy with someone now. At the same time though, I want to make things right with you. Maybe you should just try talking it out?"

Hoseok nodded and stood up, "You're right. I should get going then. Thanks for talking,"

Taehyung smiled and nodded, "Anytime,"

Hoseok walked to the door of Taehyung's apartment and pulled the hood of his coat over his head and tightened his scarf around his neck, ready to brace himself for the cold.

"Really, thanks. I'll text you later, okay?,"

Taehyung held the door open for Hoseok and nodded, "Okay."

---

Did I just...update?? Wow. It's been literally forever and I apologize. This chapter is crap, so I apologize for that too, but at least it's an update. If you guys could please give some suggestions on what you want to happen, that would be great, because idk what to write now.

Also, I had this really weird but great dream last night. I dreamt that I went to a BTS concert and afterwards I for some reason had to change the tire on Yoongi's car. While I was changing it we talked a lot and we bonded really well and when I was done he gave me a really nice, warm hug that lasted for a while and when I tried to pull away, he said "Not yet,". Omggg the hug felt so real. I swear I can still feel it.

P.S. - You should check out my new book Peaches bc it's really good and I'm definitely updating that wayyyy more often than this.

P.P.S. - I know I said I was working on re-writing this story, but I just don't have the motivation for that. Maybe I will some day, but I doubt it'll be soon.

Love you guys sosososo much! ♥️