The Little Nerd - Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Sorry guys, no epilouge, this is the last chapter. Author's note at the end of this, where I'll explain things.

Chapter 18 - The End?

"How do you feel?"

"I'm going to be bluntly honest and say I feel like shit."

"And why is that?" I whipped my head around to look at Fabian, which really hurt my neck.

"You're really asking that?" I snapped.

"Yes."

"You know, you're making me feel like the bad guy here."

"Well technically, your feelings weren't the only ones that were hurt. Eric had the rights to be mad."

"Great," I stood up, throwing my hands up. "Now everyone's on his side now? Why are you here with me anyway? I'd rather be alone than listen to you complain about how I should've never gone through with the bet, to have told Eric sooner, and complain about how I don't like you. Nothing is keeping you here with me Fabian. I'm a hopeless wreck at this point.

"I'm just nothing...nothing. Sebastian isn't here anyway so, so-" I sighed, "just go, please? I'd rather be a loner for the rest of the year. Become a wallflower or something."

"Fine, if that's what you want." He stood up from the couch and left the house.

I felt glad it was the weekend, I wouldn't have to see anybody, and I could wallow in my own self-pity. After the dance, I couldn't even go back up into my room. I spent my Sunday on the couch, only going into my room for taking a shower. I decided to just keep my distance from everyone, so the messages and calls blowing up my phone just went on ignored. My mom, thankfully went on a mini-vacation to visit some family this weekend, so I wasn't being pestered at all. Sebastian went out with Samantha, which really seemed to make them both happy, which made me happy, for a short while.

Fabian, as you probably already know, recently came in, and I don't really like to think about how he likes me. He knows that I am in love with Eric, but I guess he doesn't seem to get it. He had been bothering me for a short while about it, then the conversation above happened.

I had eaten a tub of ice cream in the fridge, and made myself tons of sweets, an accomplishment I know I shouldn't really feel proud of. When I had gone through my fifth romantic movie, and having to clean up the mess of popcorn that surrounded my t.v. from throwing a bunch at it for the stupidity of the protagonists, I decided I should at least get something to eat somewhere.

I got ready in some girly casual dress that I found around in my closet, put my hair up in a messy bun, put on some flats, grabbed a bag full of stuff I though I would need, and headed out the door with a twenty dollar bill in my hand. Walking, I felt, would really take my mind off of things, which would work if I wasn't such a worrying person. I walked into the Peak Treat Cafe, and sat in a familiar booth. I thought back to being here with Fabian the first day I arrived, but quickly shook my head to get rid of the thoughts, and looked around the cafe.

Today it was busy, since it was Sunday, and around lunch time. Families were sitting down, laughing and eating. I looked mostly at the dad's with their daughters sitting right next to them, and you could see the way the dad's looked at their little girls. With endearment, and a sense of pride, something you don't tend to see that much with all the awfulness of the world. It really made me feel even more lonely. I could imagine myself sitting here with my dad, laughing and talking with giant smiles, he'd be the one giving me advice about what's been going on, and he'd know just what to say. Sadly, he's lost to the world.

"Mind if I sit here?" He cleared his throat, and stared down at me. "It's kind of a crowded place, and you're really the only person I know here."

I looked down at the table, but quickly shifted my eyes back to him, to Eric.