The Little Nerd- Chapter One

Chapter One- Moving in

We arrived at the house early Saturday morning, we drove all the way over here which really wasn't far. The movers were got to the house before us, and by the time we got there, they were starting to bring in the furniture. I walked inside the house to find my room so the movers know where to put it.

My room was pretty big, but not as big as the master bedroom. It had a window seat, and the view from my window was half of one of my neighbors room and the other half was of the forest outside our backyard.

After two hours of getting moved in, and another three for getting most of our stuff out of the boxes. It was a good thing it was Saturday. I looked around my room to see If I have everything in its place. I noticed there was a door to a balcony. I opened the door and walked out. I saw the view of the forrest again, but in the middle I saw a lake. I smiled a bit knowing that I would be escaping to that lake sooner or later while I was here.

I looked to my left and part of it was the room of my neighbors, and the other was the town. I looked to my right, and all I saw was more houses. I felt a cold breeze brush at my legs, I was still wearing shorts from when I left Cali. I walked back inside my room and locked the door to the balcony and helped my mom unpack the rest of the boxes for most of the night

Next day, we finished unpacking around lunchtime, and left a lot of the holiday and birthday decorations in the garage. I walked inside the kitchen and opened the fridge. Nothing. I ground mentally and threw my head back. My mom walked into the kitchen as I did so, and she looked at me confused.

"What's wrong sweetie?" she said it all innocent like when I was sure that she knew what was wrong.

"There's no food! How do you expect me to grow into an adult if I am basically going to die of hunger!" and to top my 'drama queen' moment I threw my hand to my stomach. Hey you can't blame me, I was hungry.

"Stop being so dramatic Coral," she dropped some cash onto the counter,"I am going to go to work, here's some money so you can go into town and get some food to eat. Be respectful of the people here, I don't want you getting a bad reputation."

"Wait, why are you going to work on a Sunday? I thought the job was only Monday through Saturday?"

"Well today it's just training so I can get used to how things work there, and then tomorrow I start working. So have fun, make new friends, get a boyfriend or what ever, I don't care, now I got to go, I'll see you for dinner!"she kissed my forehead, and walked out the door.

When I heard the car turn on and leave, I grabbed the money from the counter and ran up the stairs to my room. I decided to put on my favorite dress, it was a red floral print dress, with the red belt it came with. It looks a little vintage, it's only because my grandma gave it to me, it used to be her dress, she never really used it, so it looked brand new.

I grabbed a matching red purse, and grabbed the the coral necklace my dad gave me when I was born. I always wore it even when it was too big on me, or even if it didn't match my outfit. And now I wear it for another reason, it reminds me of my dad.

I put anything I would need into my purse, including the money and started to walk out of my room. I stopped and turned to the window seat and I sat there for a while looking out into the forrest view, and then I turned my attention to the room of my neighbor. It looked like a boy's room, how old the boy was , I couldn't tell. Then I saw him.