The Little Nerd- Chapter Ten

I never said this in the last chapter, but Mucky Duck and the Pantry Restaurant, and the lake and gazebo are places in the town. It really is a beautiful place. People get married at that gazebo, isn't that nice ;). I'll put a picture of the gazebo on the side.

P.S.- Longest chapter so far. 16 pages on the Pages app! Didn't mean for it to be this long.

Chapter 10- Shocking News

The next day, I had no messages at all waiting for me. Which basically means Ebony is pissed at me, and maybe Eric is taking a few days off, since he almost drowned. But surprisingly, when I got to school, there they were, holding hands and kissing. I couldn't believe Ebony would do this to me, but then after what I said yesterday, maybe I deserve it.

"People have been saying that the only reason Eric is dating her because she claims she saved him from drowning." I had been glaring at the two for a while, wondering how did this happen.

"That is so not true! I had saved him from drowning because Ebony was too chicken to go back into the water!" I crossed my arms and turned towards Sebastian and Fabian.

"Well then you shouldn't have talked to her the way you did, and just walk away before help came." I stared down at the floor, since I knew it was true.

"Look, just forget about Eric, forget this whole deal, it's barely been a week and you've gotten nowhere. Do you really think by the time homecoming comes along that they will break up? Ebony will never let him go, especially after yesterday. Why don't you find some other guy to date? There are plenty of other guys in this school besides Eric, and I would prefer you go after anyone but him." Sebastian glared at the two, just like I had been.

"Fine, I'll forget this stupid bet, but I can't and won't date anyone. I have looked at every other guy in this school, and no one is like Eric. I live right next to him, I can't forget about him, not think about him." I stared at them, laughing with their friends.

Then he locked eyes with me. We stared at each other, a glare forming for a while before I just slowly looked away looking hurt. The bell rang to start heading to class, and I decided that it's not worth it dressing up like Ebony anymore, so I when I got to class, I asked to go to the restroom and I took off my contacts and put on my glasses. I felt kind of relieved, and felt like myself again.

Walking back to class, I bumped into someone, but at least it wasn't hard enough to make me fall again.

"You really have a knack for bumping into people huh?" Amusement was clearly in his voice, and although him talking made my knees go all wobbly, I kept my balance and stared at him with no emotion.

"So I'm guessing you heard huh? About me and Ebony." He scratched the back of his head, looking anywhere but me.

I walked away, not wanting to talk at all to him, but he grabbed my arm and spun me around. We were close again, just like when we kissed, but I took a step back, to be able to breathe.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" I made a motion to my mouth, hoping he got the idea. I didn't have my notepad and pencil with me, so now I have to play charades with him.

"Ok, I'll make my question a bit more clearer, why are you avoiding me?" I looked around for a second, trying to figure out how to demonstrate.

I grabbed his hand and started swinging it around skipping in place, and puckering up my lips, putting his arm around me.

"I don't understand what you're trying to say..." I sighed and just took my hand and dug into his pants for his phone.

He was surprised at first, but when he saw what I was doing, he calmed down. I went and opened a new text message and typed down what I was trying to say.