The Little Nerd- Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12- Before the Party

You know, if a girl in the movies or books were in my situation, they would probably ignore the guy, avoid him for a while, and it would work. However, in the real world, the guy doesn't care if you try to avoid him, because he just gets in your face everytime he sees you. Or catch a whiff of you...weird I know.

If you wonder why I bring this up, it's because I have tried to avoid and ignore Eric all week, but he doesn't seem to leave me alone. He somehow finds me when I try to take a different way to class, always sits with me and my friends instead sitting at the popular table, trying to act like he's friends with all of them, and even recognizing how I smell. He is seriously in the creeper zone now. Though he doesn't seem to bring up that night.

It was the next Monday, a week after my day with Eric, and I was currently stuck in a janitor's closet, with Eric blocking my exit.

"Look, I know you've been trying to ignore and avoid me all week, but I want to talk to you about what happened that night."

'There's nothing to talk about. Now let me out.' I tried to get out, but he kept his place, not leaving me any sign of escape.

"We have to talk about this at some point Coral, why don't we just get this over with?" I sighed, because I know he was right.

We would have to talk at some point, to see what the heck happened to 'I don't any kind of relationship.' Even though I was the one who kissed him first, he kissed back, which does prove he likes me, and the thought of it got me all giddy and brought a slight blush to my cheeks. I was glad that the lighting in this closet was horrible, so he never noticed.

'Look, let's just forget about it. You're dating Ebony, and I'm dating Fabian. The kiss was nothing to me, and it shouldn't feel like such a big deal to you either, since you don't want to get involved with me anyway. Now move out of the way, 'cause now we talked about it.'

After he was done reading it, he moved out of the way, and I walked out of there and towards Fabian and Sebastian with all the confidence I could find. I finally relaxed when I reached them, but I tensed up again when I was pushed up againist the lockers, and Fabian was up in my face, one hand on the side of my head, the other wrapped around my waist.

"Just go along with it," He looked at something behind him, and then returned his focus to me. "what were you doing with Eric in that janitor's closet?"

His teeth were clenched, and the anger was clear on his face. Though to anyone else looking at us, we probably looked like this lovey-dovey couple having a moment. I would of preferred the loving, boyfriend side to him, instead of angry Fabian.

"He was trying to talk to me about what happened that night, and he wouldn't let me leave until we talked."

At that moment, from Fabian's breath, it was surprisingly sweet and familiar, like candy. My eyes widened and I didn't give him a chance to answer me as I accused him.

"Did you find my secret stash of candy and ate some of it?" I pushed him a bit which only got him a foot away from me. I need to get stronger...

He changed his mood quickly, from anger, to a playful attitude. He took a big step closer to me, and wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me close. If we weren't 'dating', I'd be squirming like crazy and threatening to kick him 'down there', but I've been having to get used to it, and I don't really think about it too much anymore. My hands absentmindedly went to his chest, since we've been in this position many times when Eric was nearby, which was every passing period.

"And what if I did?" He whispered in my ear, in a husky voice which definitely made a chill go down my spine in an eerily nice way.

Why is it all of sudden, all these emotions are hitting me like bricks whenever a guy does this to me? Maybe it's just the actions from him are still kind of new to me, since before I even came here I had no experience actually dating guys. I wonder if Fabian sort of feels the same as me.