The Little Nerd- Chapter Two

Chapter Two- First Day of School

I woke up feeling horrible, especially because if how I cried yesterday. I did my usual morning routine. Take a shower, change, do my hair, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, and then go to school. When I went downstairs, my mom had already left, and left me a note on the fridge.

'Good morning sweetie! I hope you have a good day at school, i'm sorry I can't be there on your first day. I learned from the lady next door that her son offered you a ride. He's cute! I let him in so he's waiting for you. Don't take too long getting ready ok? I LOVE YOU!'

"I see you're up and ready, good morning!" I heard coming from the living room.

I slowly turned around, secretly hoping it wasn't the mystery guy. It was Fabian.

"Holy shit! I thought you were someone else!" I placed a hand on my chest and leaned againist the counter

He laughed and came into the kitchen and gave me a big hug.

"Haha, sorry Coral, your mom just let me in while she was leaving, she seems nice. I hope you don't mind, but I made myself breakfast. I cleaned it up though, so don't worry about having to wash more dishes."

"Yeah, but she's been real strict ever since my dad died, I guess she doesn't want to lose me too. And it's okay I don't mind." I went towards the cabinets and got out my cereal and a clean bowl.

I poured in the cereal and sat down in the living room couch and started eating. After I was done eating, I went and put the bowl in the sink.

"Okay let's go!" I grabbed my stuff and was just about to walk out the door when I noticed I didn't put on the necklace

"WAIT! I forgot my necklace!" Fabian just laughed at me as I ran up stairs and came running back down putting on the necklace.

"This necklace is vey precious to me! It was given to me by my father, and I basically always have it on." We got into the car, and he drove off.

We got to school in a few minutes, and from the outside, it looks like it's a big school, and I could easily get lost in it. I got out of the car before Fabian could open it up for me, and walked up to the entrance next to him, and I could feel the stares from everyone.

"So.....how about this school? What do you think?" Fabian asked

"It's a pretty big school, bigger than my last school, I will probably get lost here" I looked around some more.

"Haha don't worry, I will help show you around. Let's head to the office to get your schuedule." he started walking towards the office, I walked right beside him.

We got there pretty quickly, and got my schuedule. I only had one class with Fabian, and that was our free period. Fabian left me for some of his friends, so I went looking for my classes and trying to find the fastest way to get to class. I bumped into someone as I was walking and looking at my schuedule at the same time.

"Hey watch it!" He said. The voice was familiar but I couldn't tell from where. I looked up and I realized, the guy I bumped into was cute. I didn't stare too long though.

"I'm sorry" I said looking down at the floor, and I started to walk to class. I heard him laugh in the background.....maybe I blushed when I looked at him?

I walked into class and showed the teacher my schuedule, and he sat me down in the back. I'm not really going to bore you with the details of all my classes, but all that pretty much happened was that the teahers made me introduce myself, say where I came from, and then I had to answer some questions about how California was.