Ch. 12 Travelling . . . with the Girls

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I mouthed. She nodded and smiled. Bella lay her chin on my shoulder, whispering demands in my ear.

"And you gotta promise you'll get me a T-shirt from each city. And call me- well, Mom- everyday. And take lots of pictures. But I think you're gonna need a new camera. And I want you to wear more pretty clothes. And kiss Jade A LOT." I snorted at the last one, and I could hear Jade laughing quietly behind us.

"I can promise to do all those things- except one," I teased. She frowned.

"I'm not getting a new camera," I whispered cheekily. She grinned and Jade kept laughing.

We dropped my suitcases off in the girls' room. They were still passed out, but the room was cleaner and I noticed several different patterned suitcases against the wall. We left them to sleep in peace. We made it downstairs and into a taxi. We climbed into the backseat. Bella in my lap, and Jade next to me. She clasped my free hand. I squeezed it gently. I gave the driver the address and we were off.

{ J A D E }

I'll admit it, I was scared to meet Perrie's mum. I'm pretty sure Perrie hadn't told her about us, so how would she feel about me? Someone who had only known her daughter for three days and was already kissing her? But in our defense, we'd been through a lot in those three days, so it's only natural that we bonded faster . . . right? Somehow I didn't think she'd fall for it. But last night, after the date, I'd been thinking. It had probably been the best date I'd ever been on. I can honestly say, I love everything about this girl, and that I'm falling for her, and falling fast. But if she was going to be mine, I wanted to do it the right way. And if that meant meeting her mother, then so be it.

"Jade? Are you okay?" Perrie asked, looking at me, concerned. I was still holding her hand. I squeezed it gently, smiling softly. Perrie saw right through it, and gave me a sad smile. She leaned over, behind Bella, and whispered in my ear.

"Don't be nervous." I nodded, smiling at the fact that she knew me so well that not only could she see through my fake smile, but she knew why I was nervous. I got butterflies at the thought of it. What was this girl doing to me?

We sat in silence, other than Bella occasionally pointing out random landmarks. We arrived too soon. I fluffed my hair for what seemed like the millionth time. I gulped, and followed Perrie and Bella out of the car. We knocked and a woman appearing to me in her early 40'ies opened the door. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she immediately enveloped Perrie and Bella into a bear hug. She looked a lot like Perrie; she didn't have brown hair like Bella. I guess she got that from her dad. Funny, I just noticed Perrie never talked about her dad. I'd worry about that later. Her mum raised her eyebrows when she saw me, but went back to hugging her kids. Bella squeezed Perrie's neck one last time before running inside. Perrie turned to look at me, and so did her mum.

"Mum, this is Jade Thirlwall. She's in Little Mix too." I nodded and stuck my hand out for her to shake. She took it firmly, staring into my eyes before plastering a smile on her face, still looking into my eyes. Her eyes weren't like Perrie's, warm and caring, they were cold and scrutinizing. I tried to remain neutral, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't the least but uncomfortable.

"Call me Debbie," she said. I nodded.

"It's very nice to meet you. You have a wonderful daughter," I told her honestly. I glanced at Perrie who was blushing like mad. Then Bella popped out, followed by three other girls. One who looked a bit younger than Perrie, and two who I could tell were toddlers, twins probably. I smiled at them, but the little ones ignored me and ran to Perrie, hugging her and cheering. I noticed the older one looking hung back. Perrie nodded to her, the crouched to look the twins in the eye.