Calm Before Storm #Part 2

Jay swallowed a big chunk of shrimp near you, he is coughing and you tapping his back
"That's why I told you to eat slowly ckkk "You mumbled, standing to get him a drink. Your mother smiling looking at Jay.
You and Jay joining your parents for dinner. Your parents already ate since you and Jay are just arrived from the office. They're just accompanying you two sitting at the table.

"자 (here)"You make Jay gulping the drink.
Jay smiling, feeling sorry.
"Im sorry eomoni, I'm so hungry. Haven't eat anything at the office" Jay said
Your mother laughing.
"Is it good?"She asked
"Its so delicious, couldn't be better" Jay replied

"What were you guys doing all day?"You meddled.
"We were going to the palace, that huge palace and got back at 3. Your dad said he wanted to eat shrimp so we bought this. I don't know if I season it right since all the groceries are written in Korean. Somehow I dont feel confident about this food" She continued

"Its so delicious eomoni, don't worry" Jay replied, making your mother laugh again.
"Ckk I have all the ingredients here, why did you bother to buy more?"You said

"Ckkk I bought more for your supply. That's what mother do" She said, embarassed by her statement after that.

"Dad are you going to sleep now?"You continued, when your father got up from the chair.

"No, I'm going to watch tv. If you two done eating we should talk"Your dad punctuated.
"Yes abeonim"Jay replied.

Your mother followed your father.

Jay glance to you, raising his brows, asking. You shake your head, not sure.

~~~

"Before I get to the point, is there anything that you two want to tell me?" Your father started. You and Jay sitting side by side.

"Honey ?"Your father stared at you.
"What's up dad?" You joked, but your father frowning, looking serious.

"Jay you?" He asked Jay
"Im not sure abeonim" Jay replied, glancing to you.

"Okay"Your father continued.
"When your mother and I got back from the palace today, we decided to stop at the bookstore"

"Your mother wanted to see those knitting books so we went there and I saw him in the cover of a magazine" you father pointed to Jay.
It went silent.

"Dad~"

"Your mother even bought the magazine" He added.
"I put it inside my bag, I'll go get it~"Your mother initiated, you pulled your mother's hand dont want her to go.

"I can explain it~"
"I dont know what were you thinking *y/n. The moment I saw this fancy boy walking inside this place I didn't feel clear. I know something must be up, but you're always throwing yourself ahead of him"

"I thought Jay you look clean cause you work for the entertainment agency so probably you know~ I had no idea that you are a celebrity, rapper they said. Those tattoos, I should have known better"
"Dad don't be ridiculous, Jay's tattoos had nothing to do with i~"

"You should've told me young lady! Why did you lie? I went to the internet and read those articles, I can't bear see those comments about you."

"You dont even speak korean~"you mumbled, Jay hushed you.

"Just tell me what goes on right here?"You father said abruptly, holding his anger.
Your mom pressing her head.

"Okay, its true that Jay's a celebrity"

Your parents leaned their back, frustrating. Jay hold your hand, he wanted to talk.

"Im sorry abeonim eomonim, we should've told you from the beginning. It is all my fault"

You kick Jay's foot, but he doesn't budge.

"I love your daughter. We dated for nearly 2 years, and I still want to keep seeing her. I know probably I'll cause her headache, press buzzing all over but I can't lose her. Im so sorry for not telling you guys all in our pocket. We just don't want you guys to worry. I did all I can do to prevent this girl from the media bashing, threatening fans, and I planned to do so forward. I beg you to bless our relationship"

Your parents sighed

"What about your parents?"Your father continued
"Dad! We're just dating, are you sending me to marry right now?"You annoyed

"Shut up young lady!"Your father scolded you.
"You always had your words in store" he continued.

Jay still looks serious, you pouted, annoyed.

"My parents know about her, but I haven't had the chance to let them meet" Jay replied.

"Me as a parent, I dont know abour her mother. But I don't think it's something that my daughter can handle on her own. I sent her far from home on her early age to study, then she works, live untill now on her own. I feel guilty for letting her thrive all alone, evenmore abroad from us. She seems mature, but I now she feels alone, she got homesick a lot, she never complained. But I feel the urge to protect her, that's why I can't let you two go along~"

"Dad!"You annoyed, getting up from you seat.
"I think that's all I wanted to say. If you all done here, let us rest. Jay you drive safely" You dad got up, you pull his hand but he resisted.

Jay shocked, but he pulled you down in your seat to calm down.
"I'm going to clean the kitchen back there. Jay thank you for coming"Your mother standing up right now.

"Mom, you know I've never asked you to talk to dad. Now I'm asking for your help. You guys have never discuss my life choices with me, always think I could decide on myself. Then suddenly you two want to decide about me and Jay."You protested
"Its so unfair. That's why this time I beg you to please talk to dad"You begged, looking at your mother's back.

"You girl should know that I still think that you could decide on your own. And I personally have no ground to object your relationship. As you know me and your dad were once didn't got my parents bless back there"Your mother sighed.

"That was when I knew all we need is time to prove, to testify on ourselves. But we had little time, and we were wronged so badly, and your dad was still hesitant to get near my family untill now. Seeing that, I'm so sad. Now I'm giving you two time, if it was meant to be, prove it to me with good effort. I dont tell you two to be married right away, I wanna see your efforts" She continued, tapping Jay's shoulder and go to the kitchen.