Meeting Your Parents

"Phew dad"You sighed, welcoming your mam and dad to your apartment. Your parents live abroad and decided to visit you who works in Korea. You are helping them moving their trunks inside your place, shoving it on the corner of the living room. That day You took your day off from work to prepare your place.

"Mom and dad can use the other room. I only have 2 rooms, usually that room is my closet but I had it all customed for you two temporarily, here"You showed them their room. You've moved all your stuff into your bedroom, and it's tight as hell. But its all good, as long as your parents can stay in comfort.

"I only have one bathroom so we gotta share it" You added, pointing at the bathroom.

"That's fine, let me check your kitchen" Your mom said, she already moved to the kitchen in the middle. Your dad eyeing your house, smiling as he touring the house.
"I guess you have to buy us toothbrush, and I need razor, ask your mom if she needs anything, where's the remote control honey? I want to see your tv" Your dad added, lounging at the sofa.
"You just sat on it" You rubbed your nose.
"You can't understand it dad, this is Korea"You continued.

"I'll watch the international chanel, dont worry about me, I don't know how to speak korean but I speak english"He smiled.
You smiled back, now glancing at your mom
"Mom dont you two feel tired? You guys should rest a bit, and I'll wake you when it's time to eat. Should we eat here or outside?"You said

"Eat what? You dont even have anything to eat. Darling should I make you a tea?"Your mom asking your dad.
"We can order food, I dont have enough time to fill my refrigerator. I had to clean this all house, office only gave me one day off"

They didn't respond to you, your mom mumbling to herself searching for a cup.
Then the front door flicks open as the sound of bell ringing. It can't be~~~

"Babe I always told you to tune in your phone" He must be untying his shoes
"Anyway brought cookies and teas from Dudart for your parents. Tell me I'm a good son in law~~"Then your boyfriend, Jay Park barge in.
"안녕하십니까 ! (Hello!)" There's a moment of silence.
"박재범입니다 (My name's Park Jae Beom"Jay bowed deeply.

"Jay they don't speak korean"You smiled, laughing awkwardly.
Your father and mother awkwardly laughing too.
"I know a little bit, U must be Jaebeom??" your mom suddenly replied.

"Yes yes 어머니 (mother), 아버님 (father)" Jay bowed again.
"I told you they dont speak korean"You hit Jay shoulder.
"That's okay, please"Your father responded, standing and signalling the seat.

"So you must be this girl's boyfriend"Your father replied, Jay smiled, you take cup of teas from Jay's one hand, and cookies from the other.

"Yes yess.. I'm sorry, *ur name* said her parents will be here at night, I didn't know that you'll be here by this evening. I supposed to take her to the airport"Jay smiled awkwardly
"I mistakenly understand their messages, and I forgot to tell you"You continued.
Your mother opening Jay's cookies onto the plate.
"Aaaaa 그렇구나 (so that's what happened), that was why you didn't answer your phone"Jay said, you know his side of lips are twinching, cause he's nervous.
"Mom and Dad, Jay brought you tea and cookies from his cafe"You said, hurriedly putting the coffee and cookie on the table. Jay bowed to your mother as she take a seat beside your father.
You automatically sitting beside Jay.

"You guys must be tired, its a long ride here abeonim"Jay said
"Its alright, we slept during the flight. Tell me how long you guys been dating?" Your father asked.
"Nearly two years abeonim"Jay raising his eyebrow to you.
"I've told you this before dad"You added.
"Yeah not much"Your dad responded, makes you cringe. In fact you only told them that you have a boyfriend in Korea, he works on the entertainment industry, you didn't tell them he is an artist. You want to ensure them that he has a permanent job and he's a nice person.

"And your job is???" Your father continued again.
Jay a little bit startled, you are worried how this occupation talks will lead, but you already told him what you told them about Jay. If they know Jay's an celebrity and what is the impact on the relationship, there will be some difficulties.

"I work in korean entertainment industry"
"What exactly is the work, may I know it?"
"Well I work at the entertainment agency, I compose songs, lyrics, pretty much like that"Jay continued, when your father nodded, you and Jay sighing lightly in relief.
"You know your name Jaebeom? Jebum? Its a bit hard for us to say it~~"You father said
"Please call me Jay, they always call me like that"Jay replied.
"So this is the cookie from your cafe? You own a cafe??"Your mother said.
"Its a family business eomoni" Jay replied automaticaly
Your mother smiled.

"Should we go outside and eat something?"Your father suddenly said.
"Right now? We just arrived dad, and Jay too. I cant go to here and there like a superman. I gotta take a shower"

You paused a little bit.

"I look unsettled"complaining.

"Okay, you should take shower now"Your father suggested.
"Jay you want to take shower too?"Your father continued
"Yee? Together? No no, I already took a shower back home"Jay said.
"That's not what I mean"Your father suddenly freezed, you hit Jay's back.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I misunderstood hahhaha"Jay laughing bitterly.