chp 41: waking up

Addy pov:
My eyes were closed but i was very well aware of the slight pain in my abdomen area and a needle in my arm. I woke up and came face to face with my Dad sitting on the chair.

"son, you are awake" he said trying to smile but his eyes gave away the pain that he was going through and then the last times events came crashing down in my memory.
The doctors came and inspected me before saying everything was fine and went away.
I looked around to search for my Mom but didn't found her in the room.
" where is mom?" I asked gulping down knowing the answer already.

"she didn't came" he said slowly.

"why?"

"she doesn't want to see you, she thinks you are responsible for Ana being in the jail, She thinks you betrayed her by letting them take Ana away" he said and i felt a hole in my heart expanding more by his words.

"hmm" i said looking out of the window to hide the pain.

"Addy....today is Anna's court trial and she wanted to meet you."

"But i don't want to meet her" i said plainly.

"Addy..."

" please dad don't force me into something i don't want to do"

"ok son, as you wish" he said putting a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly.

"By the way police officer wanted to ask you some questions"he said.

"okay" i said planly and the officer who was handling her case came in.

" Hello sir ,how are you doing?" The officer asked.

"can we just skip the formalities and get to the point" i said irritated by every single thing.

"okay....well i wanted to ask you that did Ana tried to kill you?"

" No it was an accident" i said planly.

" can you please elaborate?" he asked and even though all i wanted to do was to tell him to get lost from here i answered.

"she was trying to kill herself and i was trying to save her and thats when the gun fired hitting me" i said trying to keep those images away.

"ok thank you sir have a nice day. " he said and went away.

"Dad"

" yes son."

"what happened after i....fainted?"

" The police heard the gun shot and broke down the door to reveal you were lying down while she was crying with gun in her hands,They arrested your sister and sent you to hospital, Thankfully the bullet didn't hurt any of your vital organs." he said.

"hmm" was all i could reply, lost and with an empty feeling inside me.

" Addy....listen to me son the storm has passed away you should be happy now" he said trying to cheer me up.

"The storm has passed away dad ,but the destruction it has caused will be remembered for years to come,This storm took away three most important women's away from me. How can you expect me to be happy dad, I can't find happiness in me anymore?" i said dejected.

" son, happiness cannot be found, you have to build it."

"Dad...i don't have anymore strength"

" I know son, but you have to be strong" he said and turned around to walk away from me.

"By the way, Aisha's Mom and Dad told me to tell you to take care of her in their absence and her mother told me to tell you specially that she knows Aisha is safe with you and they will visit whenever they can" he said as his eyes light up a little and my heart for the first time after such a long time skipped a beat in happiness.