03

*TEDDY BEAR*
"Teddy Bears don't need hearts
   as they're already stuffed with love."
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
🐻ZHENG•JA-KYUNG'S•POV🐻

"Annyeonghaseyo Ja Kyung." 

"Annyeong Minseok."

"Are you okay?"

No, I'm not okay. I'm depressed, suicidal, scared, empty, betrayed, but I still say,"Yes, wae?"

"Because I heard your appa screaming at you, then I heard something crash against the floor or something. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Friends don't lie."

"I'm not lying."

"That's a lie too." 

"How do you know that?"

"Because its obvious."

"How is that?" 

"That's because you keep crossing your arms."

"And?"

"That's a sign for dishonesty." 

"How do you know that?" 

"I'm smart."

"You don't have to rub it in."

"What do you mean? You have higher grades than me."

"How do you know? I have a B in physical education."

"That's gonna change soon because you joined the swim team. But I know your lying because you have a bruise the shape of a hand on your face."

  "Oh yeah that."

Minseok holds both of my hands and says,"Explain what happened." 

"I don't wanna talk about it here. Let's talk after school."

  "Okay. As long as you talk about it because I don't want you to feel alone." 

"Can I trust you?"

  "Yes. I'm your friend."

  "Okay. Can you keep a promise?"

"Yes."

"Promise me that you'll never leave me."

"I promise."

"And I promise the same. And promise me that you won't tell anyone what I say."

"Okay. I promise."

"Good," I say as I sigh in relief.

Hopefully he doesn't really tell anyone. He's probably going out to report my appa and he'll go to jail. I don't want that. Why? Because he's gonna blame me again. Once he gets out, he'll torture me even more. At this point, I'm used to him torturing me. But I'm just scared most of the time. And if he does report him, I'll go to the orphanage. I don't wanna go there.

*🐻🐻*🐻🐻*🐻🐻*🐻🐻*🐻🐻*

Once I enter the swim room for practice, I start to feel all kinds of different emotions. I felt a surge of anxiety with a little bit of excitement. I was excited to meet new people, but what if they didn't like me? What if they bully me? What if they see my cuts?

I put a fake smile on my face and head to the locker room. When I entered the locker room, this girl I currently don't know calls out,"Everyone! It's Ja Kyung!"