*T E D D Y B E A R*

*T E D D Y B E A R*
*PROLOGUE*
K H E N G•J A-K Y U N G ' S•P O V

Why do you like teddy bears so much? People always ask me that. Teddy bears are cute, soft, comforting, and quiet. However, that's not why I love them so much. It's because my eomma loved them too. My eomma gave me a big teddy bear and now that's what I hug whenever I feel as if I want her by my side.

My eomma was the greatest. She always gave me what I wanted and needed and she was loving, caring, she was basically the most perfect eomma ever. She was basically the opposite of my appa. My appa used to be nice, but when she left, he blamed it on me. My eomma died.

Seven years ago, my eomma and I were walking down an empty street. When we realized no one really used this street, we started to play tag. It was fun, until a car finally came by. At the moment we didn't really pay attention to the car, until it came really close. However, when it was I dropped my favorite stuffed teddy bear that my eomma made. I went to pick it up unaware of the car that was going towards me and that was when my mom pushed me out of the way. I tumbled to the side walk and when I got up, I saw my eomma laying on the ground a few feet away. I stared at her for a good five minutes recalling what just happened. I walk to her and start to cry at the sight in front of me. Right away I grab a phone from my eomma's pocket and call the emergency management. They had her rushed to the hospital and she was treated right away. She was in a coma, but that didn't last long. She woke up for a little, but after those few minutes she died. Her last words were said to me,"I love you my little teddy bear."

Present day, I'm sixteen and I still miss her. I hate life, but I hide everything within my smile. I try to stay positive, but sometimes I can't. My eomma died seven years ago, but I can't get over it. Why? Because of my appa. He's always blaming me for it. He's never sober and he's always mad at me. My appa is abusive towards me too. I have bruises everywhere and some cuts because of him too. I might also have some additional cuts because... you know. I just wish I can be truly happy.

I turn off the shower and wipe all my tears away. I hop out of the shower and start getting ready for school. I rush to so I can walk to school instead of going with my appa.

Once I got to school, I was walking down the hall when I fell down with some books and a guy that broke my fall.

My eye widen as I realize what I just done. I say,"I-I'm sorry. I didn't see you."

He smiles and says,"It's fine."

I get off of him and start to help him pick up all his books as I feel my cheeks burn up from the incident that just happened.

He starts to laugh and say,"No one saw what happened. You don't have to be embarrassed."

I look at him and say,"I'm not embarrassed."

"Explain your cheeks. Your as red as a rose."

"Why not a tomato?"

"Because you're too pretty for that."

"That doesn't help me with getting less red you know."

"Sorry. What's your name?"

"Ja Kyung imida. What's your name?"

"I'm Minseok, but you can call me Xiumin."

"Cool."

"Can we meet up at lunch?"

"Why?"

"I want a new friend."

"And I want one too."