98. Singing In The Rain

Start from the beginning

"You want to handle 4 kids on your own? You're going to be exhausted afterwards. Wait maybe that's a good thing. I can get some sleep tonight then," I responded with as he put Priscilla in the crib.

"Oh you're not getting any sleep tonight. I am the wife tonight. I will cook, do the dishes and put all the kids to bed. I just need one thing from you before you leave," Dave said as he walked over to me. He looked down at my shirt and so did I and I realised what he was referring to.

"I will pump before I go. There's also a bottle in the fridge still. If you can get the girls ready while I do this though please I'd be extremely grateful," I replied with a smile.

Dave said ok and headed downstairs while I pumped. Once I was done I headed downstairs and left with the girls. We headed to Gloria's shop and she greeted us with a huge smile and a hug for each of us. This time around all the kids were going to be in the wedding party. Gloria and I talked about my dress while the girls looked around. We just talked about what I wanted and I said simple but elegant and beautiful. She walked off and came back with a dress. Before I went into the change room with her and she helped me get into the dress. It was perfect and just what I had pictured. Gloria pinned it where she would need to make alterations and then I changed out of it and we walked out. The girls came up to us with Frances and Abby and they had managed to find a dress they all seemed to like. I asked Gloria is she could make a smaller version of the dress for Meredith and she said she could. While they got into the dresses to get their alterations taken, Gloria took Meredith's measurements and said she'd make something for Priscilla too. Once everyone was done we went our separate ways and the girls and I headed out to get our nails done. When we got home the girls went upstairs and I headed towards the kitchen where I found Dave dancing around to Disco Inferno with James in his arms and Priscilla in her bouncy seat. I stood there and watched as Dave and James both laughed and had a good time. Dave put James down and turned around and saw me.

"How long have you been standing there?" he asked as James walked over to me. I picked him up and rubbed my nose against his before he hugged my neck.

"Not that long. So what's for dinner tonight?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"Fried rice with broccoli, spring rolls and dumplings. I'm not even ordering it," Dave replied with a smile.

"Look at you go. Do you want any help?"

"No I think I can handle it. Did you find a dress babe?"

"I did. Gloria is going to make an outfit for Priscilla and a dress for Meredith. We went with white and light pink," I replied as I sat down. I put James down and he sat down beside his sister.

"Ok. Do you want ties or no ties? Taylor asked me and you know how he hates ties," Dave said.

"No ties but maybe just for T," I joked as Kurt came in.

"Mom Violet is putting make up on Meredith and says I can't have any," he said as he stood in front of me.

"Well sweetie your a boy and that's probably why she said that," I replied. He started pouting so I added, "But if you want some we can go do that. We'll take James and Priscilla with us and we'll put some make up on you." Kurt started cheering and then took James hand and helped him out of the kitchen. I picked Priscilla up and rolled my eyes as I walked past Dave who was trying not to laugh.

Kurt, James, Priscilla and myself all headed upstairs and into mine and Dave's room. Eric followed soon after as we settled into the bathroom. I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging with my boys giving them eye liner tattoos and making Kurt look like a pretty princess. When Dave came to tell us it was dinner he couldn't help but laugh. He took a picture of us before we headed downstairs to eat. After dinner, Harper and Violet helped get the younger kids wash the make up off and get into their pjs for movie night while Dave and I put James and Priscilla to bed. We watched a movie with the kids before putting them to bed. Once all the kids under the age of 13 where in bed, Harper, Violet, Dave and myself played a board game. After that Dave and I were finally alone and in bed. As I got into bed Dave yawned and turned his light off.

"Tired after running around after them?" I asked as I snuggled up to him. Dave put his arm around me and pulled me even closer to him.

"I thought girls were exhausting but holy crap those boys are a lot. Kurt surprised me today though," Dave replied.

"He just wanted to be like his sisters that's all. Eric was adorable though. I turned him into a mini you," I said and laughed sleepily.

"Eric was the whole reason for me taking that picture. I know I said you weren't going to get any sleep tonight but I'm to," Dave said but kind of faded off. I looked up at him and saw he was passed out. I kissed the spot on his chest where my head was before I put it back down and closed my eyes.

"I told you so," I whispered before drifting off to sleep.