17. ...But It's You I Fell Into

7:30 AM

I woke up the next feeling a bit better. I grabbed my phone immediately and sent a happy birthday text to Dave. I got out of bed and headed downstairs to see Hunter off to school. I was just about to walk down the stairs when Hunter got to the front door.

"Have a good day at school. Frances will be here tonight while I'm gone," I yelled down at him.

"Thanks. Soudns good. Tell Dave I said happy birthday. Get some more rest today," Hunter said.

"I will," I said as he opened the door. "Bye."

"See ya," Hunter said as he walked out the door and left for school.

I headed back to my room to lay back down for a bit. My little bean was making me feel queezy again. Frances had put some crackers on my dresser at some point during the night with a note. The note read "Mom says these will help with morning sickness." I smiled as I read the note. I had left the party with Hunter after the band performed and after the toasts and speeches. Frances had stayed longer because she was hanging out with her mom, who she had made up with again recently.

I laid back down on the bed and picked up my phone. I had a bunch of texts from random people I had met last night. I went through them and responded. My twitter was going insane. Mostly good things. I turned my twitter notifactions off so I could live a normal life for a bit and put my phone on the bedside table closest to me. I put my head on the pillow and closed my eyes, then my phone went off. I grabbed it and saw it was a text from Dave.

"Thank you. Can't wait to see you tonight. Any word from the dr yet?"

"No not yet. No alcohol for me tonight. Still not feeling good :( Just about to lay back down after seeing Hunter off to school" I texted back.

"Well if you're not feeling 100%, don't come. I don't want you getting worse. If you don't come, we'll go for lunch tomorrow," He responded.

"No I'll be there. I just need more sleep. I'll message you later." I texted back and put my phone back on the bedside table. I looked at the pictures on the table. Me and Frances making funny faces. The band and I with Butch on our first day in the studio. Me and Taylor smiling like goofballs. Chris, Pat, and Hunter under a tree playing guitar. Hunter and I with huge smiles on our faces at the beach. Lastly, one of Dave and I from a BBQ at Dave's new house. Taylor had taken it. The fire pit was in front of us and I was sitting between Dave's legs looking up at him and he was kissing my head. It had been my favorite picture.

I got out of the bed and reached into my purse for the sonogram picture I had gotten two days earlier. I put it in front ofthe picture of Dave and I and got back into bed. I fell asleep staring at my little bean.

4:30 PM

I woke up feeling amazing. I headed to the bathroom and showered. I blow dried my hair and brushed it. I walked into my room and checked my phone. It was now 5:16 and I had to be at Dave and Jordyn's at 6. I was putting my dress on when Frances walked into my room.

"Need any help mom to be?" she asked.

"Zipper please," I said and moved my hair out of the way. Frances did my zipper upf or ema nd sat on the end of the bed.

"How you feeling today? Did the crackers help?"

"I'm feeling pretty good actually. I think not sleeping much made it worse.The crackers did help. Thank you and tell Courtney I said thanks too," I responded. I started doing my make up.

"I will. She was kinda happy that there would be a baby around here," Frances said. "Wait did you sleep all day?"

"Ya. Now I feel amazing. Slightly queezy but amazing. I've been calling it my little bean," I told her as i finished my mascara.