45. Can't You Hear My Motored Heart

1 Month Later

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I woke up. It was Hunter.

"Anything yet?" he asked.

"Nope," I repsonded as I rubbed my eyes.

"He told me he wanted to talk and I just sent him to the pool house because I could tell he was on it," Hunter said.

"It's not your fault. It's none of our faults. He's the one who did this to himself," I replied and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Hunter asked as I walked to the door.

"Home. I'm done waiting. I'm torturing myself by being here. I'm going home to ym family. He's part of my family but I got 4 month old twins who need me more," I replied.

"I'll call you when he wakes up," Hunter said as he turned away from ema nd sat down where I had been.

"You mean if he wakes up," I said before walking out of the hospital room. I headed to my car to go home. I got in and started it and my music started blasting so I turned it down and checked my phone. 5 missed calls from Dave. He was gonna kill me. I dialed Dave and it rang through the speakers in the car.

"Well finally," Dave said when he answered.

"Sorry I fell asleep waiting for nothing like always. I'm coming home," I replied.

"That's fine. I'm not at home. I'm at the lawyer's dealing with some divorce stuff. Taylor is at the house with Kurt and Meredith," he told me.

"Do we have kiwis at the house?" I asked.

"I think so. Why?" he asked.

"Becuase they're precious and I kinda want one," I replied.

"Stop quoting me you weirdo. Anyways I'll see you when I get home. I'm needed back in the conference room," Dave said.

"Ok bye," I said and hung up and pulled out of the parking lot. When I got home I headed inside and found Taylor in the living room with both Kurt and Meredith on a blanket playing peek a boo.

"Hey Brit. How's Kevin doing?" Taylor asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Still not awake," I responded.

"Dave's out," he said.

"I know. Divorce stuff," I said as I stood up and headed to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw two kiwis in a bowl. I grabbed them and closed the fridge. I started cutting them when Taylor walked in.

"Brit can we talk?" he asked as I turned around. He was sitting at the counter.

"Sure. What's up?" I asked as I started eating my kiwis.

"Ever since we had that threesome, I've kind of had feelings for you," Taylor said. I started coughing on my kiwi as a response. I grabbed a botttle of water from the fridge and chugged a bit of it.

"Taylor I'm with Dave. I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way," I said once I stopped coughing.

"He won't treat you like I would," Taylor said as he stood up and walked over to me.

"Taylor don't even think about it," I said as he came closer.

"Don't you ever wish it was me touching you instead of him?" he asked as he got closer. What the hell had gotten into Taylor.

"No. I love Dave whose your best friend," I said as I heard a door open.

"Just think about it. I can give you more of a normal life then he can," Taylor said as he moved away from me. Just then Dave came around the corner.

"What's going on here?" He asked as Taylor went back to the living room.

"Nothing," I said. I knew Dave knew something was up.

"I heard what he said," Dave whspered into my ear as he hugged me.

"I told him I loved you," I whispered back.

"So I should be a free man in about 2 months," Dave said after we pulled apart.

"Well that's good news," Taylor said as he walked back into the kitchen.

"Ya it is. Means this girl here can start planning a wedding," Dave said as he put an arm around my waist.

"Nice. I gotta go pick up my kids. Have a good night guys," Taylor said before heading out.

"I feel like that could be trouble," I said as I heard the front door close.

"No shit. So I noticed the twins are asleep and Taylor is now gone," Dave said as I started eating my kiwis again.

"Kiwis David. Kiwis," I said and looked at him as he stood in front of me.

"I don't care. You're precious kiwis can wait til after you've had an orgasm," He said as he started kissing my neck.

I put the bowl on the counter as he slid a hand up under my skirt. I tangled my hand in his hair and let out a moan as he slid a finger inside me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he started kissing me. He put his hands on my hips and lifted me up on the counter. He pulled away from me a bit and took my panties off before undoing his jeans and letting them and his boxers fall around his ankles.

"Well this is a first for us," he said as he put his arms around me and pulled me closer to the edge of the counter. I pulled his face to mine and kissed him passionately as he entered me.

This was who I wanted. This was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Dave was the father of my children, my best friend and my hero. I would never want anyone else. Before Dave, I hadn't ever felt like someone got me. He knew me better than I knew myself at times. He had helped me and the rest of Peace Punk achieve our dreams of a record and a tour. He treated me with kindness and showed me nothing but love. Ya we fight but we never walk away or go to bed angry. He had started my heart up again, kind of like a generator. As we had sex on the counter in the kitchen of our house, I really couldn't imagine being anywhere else with anyone else. I was where I wanted to be.