87. Abby's Shower!

7 Weeks Later - January 31st

Abby - 39 Weeks

Frances - 35 Weeks

Britt - 30 Weeks

"I don't see why you couldn't have planned this sooner," Abby complained as she sat down in a chair.

"Because our best friend has been taking care of a crippled old man for the past few weeks," Frances replied as she handed me a balloon.

"Hey he may be old but he doesn't act like it," I spoke up after I taped the balloon in place and got off the step stool.

"Please no details about your sex life. That man is like my uncle again," Frances and we all started laughing.

Today we were going to be having a baby shower for just Abby. Frances and I were having a joint one after Abby got home with the little girl. We had decided to throw the shower at Abby and Taylor's because she was so close to her due date. We had invited Karen, Lee, Gia, Elena, Cara, Kate, Jordyn, Pat's wife, both Taylor and Abby's moms and Virginia because she rocks. Jordyn was also bringing the girls because Annie, Alex and Meredith were here. The three of them were running around playing as everyone started showing up. Frances pulled me into the kitchen as I about to go say hi to Jordyn.

"What the hell?' I asked once she let go of me.

"My fucking mother is coming. I don't think Abby wants her here," Frances said.

"Uh oh. I think I sent her an invite. Maybe we should just ride it out. I mean your mom is kind of chill these days," I replied and whent back out to join everyone. I found Abby and Jordyn with Virginia so I walked over and joined them.

"There she is. I saw you then you were gone," Jordyn said when I got to them. I hugged her and Virginia quickly.

"Oh I was dragged to the kitchen. I was informed Courtney is coming," I replied.

"I hope she doesn't start shit or I will kick her ass. I may be ready to pop but I'll still show her what I got," Abby responded with.

"She's been chill lately. Her and Frances are getting along and she stopped saying shit about Dave and I," I said as I rubbed my belly.

"Sweetie did you guys find out what the baby is yet?" Virginia asked me. She wanted to change the topic off Courtney and I was greatful.

"We're not finding out. We want to be surprised," I replied.

"I thought you guys where going to do a gender reveal at the shower," Jordyn said.

"We were but Frances wanted to do that. So she'll be doing it. We both don't care what it is as long as it's healthy and happy," I replied as I saw Courtney walk in. I excused myself and walked over to her and Frances.

"Frances I know this shower is for Abby. Brittany sent me an invite and I thought it'd be ok. Hey Brittany," Courtney said when she saw me.

"Hey Court. Glad you could make it. We're just hanging out and playing some games and opening gifts. Can I get you anything?" I asked as Frances took her mom's coat, purse and the present from her.

"A water would be great. I'll come with you actually," Courtney said as I started walkign away to get her drink. We walked into the kitchen and I got her a bottle of water form the fridge.

"There you go. You know she's just worried you're going to start something," I said.

"I know. I don't have the best track record. Look what I did at yours," Courtney replied and I shrugged.