19. I'm Here And I'm On The Mend

2 Months Later

I was in Dave's kitchen making pancakes for him and Taylor. I was finishing Taylor's plate when he walked around the corner.

"Oh please tell me those are for me?" Taylor asked as he walked over to the stove "Good morning baby grohl," he said as he rubbed my small little bump. I was now 4 months pregnant and had just started showing.

"They sure are and where's my good morning?" I said as I put the last pancake on the plate and handed it to him.

"Good morning Brittany. I'm gonna miss this while you're gone," Taylor said as he walked to the table. He sat down and started pouring syrup on his pancakes. I flipped the pancakes in the second pan. I poured more batter into the first pan. I waited until they bubbled and flipped them.

I put the second pan of pancakes on a plate before turning my attention back to the first pan. I put them on a plate as well when they where ready and heading to the table with both plates. I put the first plate down where I was going to sit and the second plate beside it. I walked over to the coffee machine and grabed two cups as well as the coffee pot and went back to the table. I put a cup in front of Taylor anf filled it. I put one between both plates of pancakes and filled it.

I was just sitting now to eat when Dave walked into the kitchen yawning and scratching hsi head. He sat down beside em and grabbed the coffee of cupand tooka couple sips before saying good morning to both of us.

"Dave please make her stay. I like having her here," Taylor said with a mouth full of pancakes.

"You only like her being around because you don't have to cook for yourself. You can feed yourself for a month. Besides my girl is promoting her movie. She has to do this. She wouldn't ask me to cancel a tour because she couldn't undo her dresses without my help," Dave said with a laugh.

"No but she is the reason we're taking a 3 month break during a 8 months touring schedule," Taylor responded after taking a sip of his coffee.

They continued to have a conversation as I ate and tuned them out. I was scrolling through my twitter when Hunter texted me.

"Are you gonna be home tonight? You promised we could hang before you left."

I felt bad. With everything that had been going on with Dave and both my jobs being major priorities now, I had barely no time to myself and when I did I slept because I needed it. So I barely got to see Hunter and Frances. Frances understood but Hunter had enough when I told them both together that I was gonna be spending my last night with Dave and he would take me to the airport in the morning. Hunter told me he missed me and said if Dave wanted to see me he could just come stay here for the night instead of making me stay over at his place. I had brought it up to Dave last night and he agreed that we could spend the night at my place. I sent a text back and put my phone down.

"Ya. You're ok if Dave does spend the night right?"

I was eatting the last of my pancakes when he responded.

"Ya. I just want to hang out with you before you go. You're either busy, sleeping or with Dave. I want a braod game night like the first night we moved in here."

"Oh I am so down for a broad game night. I will defs be there!" I texted back and put my phone back down. I noticed my plate was gone and saw Dave at the sink, washing the dishes. I got up and waltked up behind him and hguged him.

"Thanks baby," I said.

"You cook, I do the dishes," He responded as I let go of him. I leaned against the counter beside him as he continued.

"So I was thinking maybe we get dressed and head over to the house before the appointment. That way I can hang out with Frances a bit. I miss her and tonight is game board night with Hunter. I was thinking about cooking a chicken or maybe a lasgena. I could make me...." Dave cut me off by kissing me.

"Slow down beautiful. I'll Barbeque some steaks and that asparagus you love so much. Some baked potatos. That way you're not in the kitchen all night and you'll be with your friends like it should be. Stop thinking about the steaks and look at me," He said as he put his finger under my chin and turned my face a bit to face him.

"Sorry pregnancy brain," I said as I smiled at him.

"We'll go to the appointment first. I kinda want to do something before we go. Go shower and I'll be there by the time your done. ok?" he said with a wink.

"Ok fine but after the appointment I am spending time with Frances. You can do whatever the hell you want but I am having girl time with my not guy best friend," I said as I headed towards the bedroom.

I showered and blow dried my hair. I was sitting on the bed in my bath robe when Dave walked in.

"Ok we only have like 20 minutes before we absolutely have to get dressed," he said as he took off his shirt.

Oh so that's what he meant with the wink.

That Afternoon

Dave dropped me off after the appointment. He went to go rehearse with the guys and Frances and I had watched The Labyrinth and Jawbreaker. Dave came home with steaks, potatos, lots of asparagus and lots of junk food for me to take with me. Frances and I headed upstairs to pack while Dave getting things ready for dinner.

"Britt?" I heard someone yell as I was showing Frances one of the new shirts I had gotten for the press tour.

"In my room," I yelled back.

Hunter came in a few seconds later. "Hey. Packing?" he asked.

"Ya almost done and I think Dave is BBQing soon. How was school?" I asked as I put the dress into the suitcase.

"It was ok I guess. Maria was sick so it kinda sucked. Kevin made us late cause his car died half way to school. Tyler had to come drive us. He came in a dress to humiliate Kevin. It was kinda funny."

"So that's why he asked toborrow a dress," Frances said as she did up my suitcase full of shoes.

We all started laughing.

"Need help with anything?" Hunter asked.

"Ya can you take the shoes down please? I just gotta finish these two bags and the we can start playing a board game or we can jam or bug and annoy Dave," I said.

"Ya ok. I like the idea of bugging Dave or jamming. I'll come get the others after," He said as he picked up the shoe case! lol

I put my snacks in the one suitcase with my make up, books, journals and random things to keep me occupied while I was gone for the month. I put my laptop in and did it up.Frances took it and put it by the door. Hunter came back up and grabbed it.

"You gonna be ok on the road by yourself again?" Frances asked as I put the rest of my shirts in the last suitcase.

"Ya. It won't be like last time. I got baby bean this time. I mean I did then too but I didn't know. Baby bean survived dispite everything I did then. I know better now," I replied doing up the suitcase and carrying it to the door as Hunter got there. He took it from my hand and headed downstairs.

"Ok I trust you but if you ever feel like either of those again you call me and I will eb on the first flight out no matter what," Frances said as she put her arm around em and walked with me towards the stairs.

"Ok deal," I said and put my arm around her as well and we walked down the stairs together.

"Hunter stop moving my beer damn it," we heard Dave say from the kitchen as we got to the bottom.

"Damn it you started without me," I shouted as I ran to the kitchen with Frances following me.