Thirty

Your pov

"C'mon, c'mon, we're already late!" Taehyung yells at everyone as we scurry out of the limo "We wouldn't have been late if Grimace over here didn't make the driver stop at McDonald's on the way."

Hoseok argues as he jumps out, pointing behind him at Namjoon who has a McDonald's bag in his hand. The purple haired male rolls his eyes and stumbles out of the limo.

"Shut up, Hoesuck, you enjoyed that BigMac."

"Eat a stick and yes I did, eggplant."

I giggle and pull Jungkook along with me to the entrance of our school "Are you nervous, 'Flower?'" I jab his side with my elbow, making him hunch over and groan in pain.

Jimin finally comes out with Yoongi, who somehow oddly fell asleep during all the ruckus we were making. Jin was coming later with Lisa because they still had to grab his suit from the store.

"Alright, once we get in there, no one talk to me 'cause I'm gonna get my groove on~" Namjoon announces between the all of us as we enter the building. Everyone stares at him before turning away and dismissing his comment.

The music was blasting in our ears as soon as we entered the gym. I look around, everyone was wearing beautiful dresses and elegant suits
"Y/N! Oh my god!" Savannah and Wendy come out of nowhere, running toward me, two of their dates behind them.

I smile and hug the both of them. I look up to see Wendy's boyfriend behind her, she's introduced me to him before, but I just can't quite remember what his name was.

Not to be rude or anything, but I honestly don't see what she 'sees' in the dude. 100% ugly. Maybe it's one of those personality deals. Wendy pulls away and grins at Jungkook before looking back at me "You remember my boyfriend don't you?" I plaster a fake smile on my face and timidly nod "Mhm."

"Really, what's his-" "Wensday, do you have any tampons?" Wendy looks at her disgusted. I sigh in relief but also a bit disgusted as well that she blurted something like that just 'out.'

Wendy takes a deep breath and nods "I do and I told you to stop calling me that!" I quickly grab Jungkook's hand and lead him away from that awkward ordeal and to the fruit punch.

I let go of his hand and grab a cup to pour some juice into. I didn't think I would be this nervous and we only just got in. Jungkook notices my slightly frantic state and laughs, turning around to gaze at everything "I'll never get used to your friends."

I raise my eyebrows, pulling the cup down from my lips "Yep, me too." He smiles and looks over at me, turning his body toward me and extending his arm forward.

"Come on, let's go dance." I chuckle, placing the cup onto the table and grabbing his hand. As we sprint toward the dance floor we see Hoseok was dancing with Taehyung and a few girls on my cheerleading team, Hoseok waves at us as Taehyung winks at me.

We pass by Namjoon who was trying to hook up with some girl "Are you full of beryllium, gold and titanium? Because you are be-au-ti full.." I shake my head at his attempt at 'flirting' "He'll find someone." Jungkook assures (himself) as we turn toward each other.

Before we could get wild and sweaty the song turns to a slow one.How cliché. Though the lights were dim, I could clearly see the hints of pink dusting on Jungkook's cheeks. He swallows noticeably and clears his throat "May I?" I stifle a giggle and nod, bringing my arms around his neck as he places his hands on my waist.

We start swaying back and forth, a smile etched on both of our faces, pretty sure a million things running through both of our heads onto how not to ruin this moment with one another "You know," I turn my attention onto him, gazing up at his gorgeous features "the first moment I laid my eyes on you, I couldn't breathe."

I chuckle and decide to tease him "Geez, was I that appalling?" He shakes his head and nervously laughs "N-No, that's not what I meant."

"I mean, you're so - beautiful." Now it was my turn to blush "I'm so lucky that I'm yours and that jerk of an ex-" He abruptly stops talking, peering behind me with a glare on his face. I furrow my eyebrows and turn around to see what he was looking at.

My smile falters as soon as I see what was going on. I actually thought I would have a great time at prom, but things never seem to go as planned.

"Jungkook!" Mason and Krissy were next to each other, Krissy waving at Jungkook across the gym as Mason was staring right at me, a smirk stupidly smacked against his lips.

"Damn."

-

can i just say; i told namjoonie - on his latest vlive broadcast that i loved his hair and as soon as i said that he said (i don't remember exactly) "you like my hair, thank you" and started talking about it.

-i can now die peacefully

wrote this on tuesday, sorry for the delay. spring break is making me lazy asf;
A
have a nice day