51. Pain is all I Feel

I will be doing a sequel. Thank you for all the love and support.

EIRA

Darkness.

Pain.

Dizziness.

That's all I feel.

It's dark, I'm awake..I know that. But I don't want to open my eyes, I don't want to feel the light because if I open my eyes then reality sets in.

The pain becomes real.

The pain, the ache won't just be a nightmare..it would be a reality.

There's Reem and Farhan bhai beside me, I know that. I can hear their voices.

I don't want to wake up. I don't want to face them, I don't want to see the look on their face, I don't want it all to be over.

Is it over?

Is it really over?

It can't be.

I love him. This can't happen.

It can't.

A part of me screams it's a huge misunderstanding and I should just call him, he'll tell me he loves me, he'll tell me he didn't send any letter, he'll tell me he's coming here soon, to take me with him.

He'll tell me he can't wait for me to be in his arms, to kiss my lips, to hold me.

So with that hope, I open my eyes. I blink twice to adjust to the light and I look around me.

Farhan bhai comes towards me, his eyes focused on me and his lips turned into a small smile.

"Finally. I told you to eat something, BP low tha tumhara." He tells me, holding a glass of water near me.

"The doctor said you need to rest. Abhi theek ho na?" He asks concerned.

I want to scream.

Nahi bhai. Main theek nahin hun.

Instead, I nod.

I tell him I am okay and I just need to sleep.

I wish I was okay.

I hold a choked sob and I hold it in until the door is locked and Farhan bhai is gone. I get out of the bed, and feel a little wobbly on my legs but I still get up.

I have hope.

It's Virat. He won't do this. He would fight for me, he would fight for us.

I call Virat. It rings and rings.

Please Virat, if you ever loved me, pick up.

He picks up.

"Eira?" He slurrs, his voice is deep and it's so beautiful, it aches me.

Please don't.

Please don't break my heart.

"Virat." I whisper. My voice is scared. He knows that.

"Did you get the letter?" He asks me, his voice is strained and slurry, and his words tumble over the others.

Is he drunk?

What?

"So you sent it? The letter?" I questioned again.

One yes and my world would turn into hell, into destruction. I didn't want him to say yes.

Please don't say yes Virat.

Please say no. Tell me that you love me and you're going to marry me. That this is a crazy dream.

"Yes." He replies and that is all it takes for my heart to stop beating for a second.

It's true.

It's real.

It's heartbreaking.

"No. Say no." I whisper, please say no.

"I love you, Virat please." I plead, I don't want this. I don't want this heartbreak.

I don't want any of this.

"Don't do this to me. I'm not strong enough." I plead again, and it's true.

"Baby, you're stronger than anyone I know. I promise." He tells me, his voice is shaky. I sniff again.

"But I want you. I-please Virat." I beg and he sighs.

"I love you-But cricket-me-I can't." He's definitely drunk.

"Why now Virat? Why? Why now? Why three days before our nikah? Why publicly humiliate me?" I sob out, I question him. Why, why today?

Why now of all times? Why is the world so fucked up? Why?

"Eira, no. I'm sorry. You think I knew it would happen? I was ready too Eira-ready to be yours."

"And then you ended it." I cry out.

"What do I tell my mom? My brother? My family? What do I say Virat? How do I say this?" He has no answer to any of my questions.

"What about me Virat? What about my heart? What about everything I've sacrificed to be with you?" I sob out and he has no answer.

No body does.

He's broken my heart. I want to understand him. I know how important cricket is for him..I get it.

But right now, I want to be selfish. I want him to choose me. I want him to not do this to me. I want him to love me. Not leave me.

"Don't leave me, Virat please." I beg him this time.

To save my respect. My family's respect, to save myself from going through a heartbreak.

"I love you, Eira." He tells me, I know these are his final words to me.

"Then don't leave." I cry. I beg.

"I picked you, I chose you, I loved you. I love you. Please, don't. We can find a way." I persuade him. There's no point.

"Baby, no. There's no way. I fought until I realised-I realised we'd already lost the day we thought this could last." He tells me.

I cry. Again.

"I love you. I will always love you." At this point, I don't tell him I love him..I don't tell him that.

"I will never forgive you. Never." I whisper and end the call.

Then I fall on the floor,

To cry, to moan, to sob..

Kaha tha na is pyaar main bauhat dard hai.