23. Bhai.

!

______________________________________

EIRA

@EiraSK96 : next stop Auckland.

As I stood in the long bustling terminal, with my luggage

As I stood in the long bustling terminal, with my luggage..going through the last terminal check, I felt both nervous and excited.

My hands became sweaty as I held my luggage and then went outside waiting for the man who had to take me to the hotel my brother was staying at.

A man with a black bow and a white shirt, held a board with my name on it. His body frame large and his eyes wandering around in my search.

I walked towards him and he immediately recognized me, he held my luggage and we both walked outside.

Auckland was bright and sunny. The weather seemed giddy and happy. The sun was nearly blinding, I couldn't see a cloud in the sky, it beamed upon my face as we started our journey towards the airport.

In the past two months, life had been busy and complicated. University had taken a toll on me with constant quizzes, assignments and surveys.

Virat and I had been talking about what we were. I told him there was no point in discussing anything but convincing him took alot more than that.

It was clear ever since the day we met that both of us had some feelings for each other, feelings that were still under process, feelings that couldn't be described.

It was a mixture of infatuation and attraction. His personality had an aura that drew me towards him and I couldn't go away after that.

I was glad that he felt the same way too.

But who was I to fantasize? I knew there was no point in it all. Our nationalities, our religions, our families were all different.

Virat was the kind of guy who dated, I was the kind of girl who wasn't allowed to date.

Virat was the kind of guy that could hold my hand in public, I couldn't.

We were both very different.

When he said, he wanted to talk about what we were, I knew how it would end already. Either we would even lose each other as friends or either he would want to put a label on us.

I wanted that. That label.

But at the same time it was a freaking bad idea. I couldn't be the girl Virat was used to dating, and Virat wasn't the guy I was ever going to be allowed to date.

The dating concept didn't really exist in my family. Well, for girls.

Farhan bhai had called me to Auckland where he was playing the trio series with India and Newzealand.