26. Boyfriend

EIRA

Do you know how it feels like when you are so close to winning and the man that you've supposedly feelings for, ruins everything and makes his own team win?

We were so close, we had taken six wickets in the first ten overs. Virat, was still on crease but we thought, maybe..he just wouldn't be so magical today.

But no. He had to go out of his way to fucking score like he was hungry.

He scored a fifty, I was happy for him, it was okay but then, he goes and makes his team win.

I can still recal Ravi Shastri's words as he did the commentary. 'India couod be chasing a 1000 runs against the best bowling line up, but as long as Virat Kohli is on crease, the opponent could be in trouble.'

Virat was so talented but why did he have to showcase his talent against us?.

FUCKER.

Not only was I just sad about the loss, but also the fact that now, I had to do what Virat Kohli told me.

He had won the bet. I owed him one now.

I arrived at the hotel separately, while Farhan travelled on the team bus, I had to travel in the other car with the families.

I arrived in my room and was about to sit when my phone vibrated.

A text from Virat.

Virat :
I need to see you.

What the fuck? But how?

I saw the message but didn't reply and quickly dialled the number of my brother.

"Hello?" Farhan bhai picked it up on the first ring.

"Bhai, when are you coming to my room for dinner?" I asked, just to be sure he won't come here.

I didn't even know about dinner, I just had to come up with an excuse.

"Eira, I have to go shower, then to Shahid bhai, it might take a few minutes." He replied, bored and a little disappointed.

It was his first game. But he did everything he could. It wasn't in his control that an asshole like Virat Kohlu decided to perform well.

"Oh okay. Great. Main baad main order kar dungi Phir." I said and ended the call.

This meant, I had atleast half an hour. My floor was the third one. The second one was just booked for the cricket team and according to the rules, families were not allowed on that floor, you had to buy them a room instead.

I replied to Virat.

Me :
Now. In my room, we have a few minutes.

Virat :
Room and floor?

Me :
Room 1678, floor : 3.

Virat saw the message but did not reply. I quickly brushed my hair and applied a little lipstick, then I made the room look a little more presentable as I had my clothes and accessories sprawled all over the bed.

I was still mad at him because we were so close to winning and he made us lose, but I knew, as soon as I would see him..all of my anger or frustration would fade.

I heard a knock on the door, then two knocks.

"It's open." I yelled and then waited.

And there he was.