13. A day well spent

-----------------------------------------------------------

12:24 P.M

He is looking at me, staring at me. And I am doing that too.

His cheeks are chiseled and his jawline perfect, his beard neatly trimmed. His lips are slightly full and his eyes twinkle, his mouth is in a smirky formation.

He is wearing a black T-shirt and sweatpants. And he makes that look good.

I suddenly don't know what I am doing here, or how I even became friends with a Greek God like him.

He walked towards me and stood right in front of my face. So near that I could inhale his cologne.

It's nothing special, just the odour of a little aftershave and mint. It's pleasant.

He raised his hand up and I looked at him, confused.

Virat chuckled, his eyes crinkling at the sides.

"Babe, highfive?" He asked and I laughed remembering our conversation, where I said I'd give him a high-five since I can't hug him.

So I moved my hand near his, and smacked it right across his.

He motioned me to come inside, and I took some steps, walking into the living room.

"Hi Virat." I mumbled and his eyes glowed as he looked at me.

"Hello Eira." He responded greeting me back.

We looked at each other for a while..like we were in a staring contest.

Virat finally broke the stare and looked away while I plastered a smile on my face.

"So, Mr Kohli! I'm here, now what?" I asked, giving him a playful smile.

"Now, well-we can talk, have a cricket match on the video game, eat?, I don't know." He replied, shaking his head and I nodded.

"Let's start with the video game, Let me beat the great Virat Kohli's ass in cricket." I suggested and Virat huffed, his eyes had such a shine, it made me feel tingly.

"Since you can't do that on field, huh?" He teased.

"Ab esa bhi nahi hai?" I shot back.

"Aisa hi hai, yar."

I gestured towards the game chuckling and he nodded.

"Let me set it up!" He exclaimed and moved towards the huge LED connecting it with some wires.

I sat on the couch, as I took off my shoes and folded my legs.

"Is it weird that I am feeling comfortable and awkward at the same time?" I questioned Virat who looked at me, and my sitting position and shook his head.

"No, definitely not." He answered and then sat with me.

"Like I think it's normal, right? Two friends playing video game together?" I questioned him with a small frown on my face and he nodded.

"Yes Eira, It's very normal. Ab chal game start karein."

"You ready?"

"Let's go." We both looked at each other, smirked and then started to play the game.

.....

"But that's not even fair, I get to be the green one!"

"It's really not my choice, acha chal take the yellow team."