Chapter 23 : True feelings.

He agreed??!!!!!!

I watch from my mother back to Tayo. What's going on? I seem to have missed something in the hours I was gone. 

"You see, let's not make things more than they already are. Just choose one option and all will be fine. But if your father finds out, my hands are out." she explains.

"Uhmm, can I say........something" Zahra timidly raises her hand.

"NO!" I yelled, shutting down Zahra. Does this makes sense at all? How can she, my mother want to me to leave? Wanting me to go back to Bayelsa. Did she know how hard it felt for me there? I hate everything there. Deciding to come to Lagos was one of my biggest decision if I wanted something worthwhile for myself.  Why is she acting like she doesn't know what I went through back there and how I felt.

I aggressively stood up, causing the chair to make a screeching sound and the dishes make clacking noises on the table. Facing my mother with seeping anger in my eyes.

"You have no right to tell me where to live or stay." I coldly told her. And Tayo, has to explain to me, what is going on.

"We need to talk." I blankly said to him, leaving the dining table to the entrance door.

"It's rude to leave the room when dinner is still on." He spoke back. What the hell.

"NOW!!!!!" I screamed, barging out of the house.

The weather was getting cooler. Is it going to rain? I wondered. Crap I'm angry. Why can't Tayo side with me on this?

Still angered, I realised he was yet to come out. So he's taking his precious time abi??

"Can't you see its going to rain soon?" he spoke as he got closer to where I stood.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I demanded ignoring his weather forecast. He looked at me, reading me. I hate when he looks at me like that.

"Your mom is right."  Geezz not that again. 

""No she's not. And you know it too." I deadpanned. Why is he suddenly so cold to me. Tayo is hardly ever cold to me. Usually he's rude, sarcastic, stupid but not this cold and disconnected. Should I smack him on the head or what? I need him to see reasons with me. 

"What makes you think I need to know that?" He spoke lowly and less affected by what's happening right now.

His words felt like cold ice, or maybe it's  because the weather is getting  windy.

"Tayo why are you talking like this? I became confused. 

As if already getting bored and irritated, he looks at me with annoyance on his face.

"It wouldn't make any sense if you kept staying here and with the threat of going back to Bayelsa hanging over you. Do you want to go back home then?" His question felt like it had its answer already.

"Do you want me to leave then?" I pleaded with my eyes.

"Doesn't it make sense yet?" He responded.

I felt a bit hurt. I know it's his place and all, and he has the right to let me leave but.....still 

"But why did you let me stay in the beginning if you were just going to send me off eventually?" I was beginning to hope he would see a valid reason in this, and he would probably change his mind, thereby making this whole circumstance fall in my favour.

He lets out a sigh, thinking for a moment.

"I didn't want you to...... because it felt troublesome and I would've felt guilty if I just sent you away like that Ali" he stressed out. 

"But now you don't..... feel guilty."

"Ali."

It feels...i feel weird, annoyed, disappointed. I could feel my chest getting heavy and tears beginning to rise at the tip. It stung with the wind still blowing.

"É ní wö lè ní?  Òjò Fé ró!"  (won't you come in? Rain is about to fall). My mother shouted from the house.

Was I just a tenant to him? Maybe that's what I really was. Right now I wanted a friend.

"Is it because of my mother?" I ask again feeling a lump in my throat.

He looked at me, I couldn't read his expression. "The house is getting tighter anyway. And your mom is quite pressed on the whole part of you staying with me, and I can understand that."

No you don't. I wanted to scream.

"She told me....that you had an accident and lost your memory. Look, she's your mother and she cares a lot for you. So she's just watching out for you. I'm just a......." he paused looking for the right word.

"My Landlord?" I gave out a dry laugh. This is hurting more and more.

"You don't......care about me?" I should stop now,  but I can't. I want know. Maybe get hurt even more deeper.

"Ali... " he stressed. "The rain is about to fall go in okay? You don't want to fall sick again."

Why is he worried about me getting sick? Damnit, I feel like I'm going to break but I won't. let's get it together Alima.

"Yeah, you're right." I sniffed. Gosh I didn't know if I was hurt that my Mom and Tayo wanted me to leave or that Tayo just rejected me.

"Ali....even if you left this house, you would still mean a lot to me." He let's out a deep breath. Patting me on the head and walking towards his car.

"I'll stay in the hospital till your mom leaves." he gave a small smile almost invisible before calling the security guard to open the gate.  "I'll definitely hate to see you go back to Bayelsa." He finally said before leaving the compound.

Idiot. How am I suppose to understand that?.  What am I saying?. It wouldn't make sense if I let myself over think it.

I walk back into the house. My mother already packing the dishes on the table. I watch her for a moment. She looked tired. I move towards the table to also pack remaining dish on the table. She stopped what she was doing and watched me.

"Alima, don't hate him. What's his name sef?" she let out a brief sigh. "What I mean is......from the way he talked about you when I came earlier today angry, in fact, he was even the one that pleaded I give you two options and then I knew that he could be a really good person." My mother gently spoke, reading the atmosphere. She probably taught we had a huge fight. 

"I know. But just as a friend nothing more. I'll start packing my things anyway..."

"Please eat first. Hmm?" She pleaded. "Má bì nù Jö." (Please don't be angry).

"OK." I replied giving her a small smile. I still can not believe Tayo sided with my mother tho.

Then something hit me within all this hurt, quarrel, and me practically groveling for Tayo to say he wants me to stay. I'm not sure when or how or if it's actually possible, but I've just realised something.

I'm in love with him.

Gawd, I feel weird.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Is she just realizing it????? 

Tayo sef.  **rolls eyes**.

What you think???

Until next week.

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.