Chapter 20: What happens on Christmas?.

Alima's POV

"I look good in this dress right? " I check myself again in the mirror, especially since its a Bodycon black dress which fitted like a second skin. I should say I'm damn.....

"gush, you're damn HOT." Adesua loudly complimented me.  I wouldn't have said it better myself.

"This parry's (party) gonna rock." Adesua excitedly finishes up her make up.

Yep,  since I decided to attend  the Christmas party she invited me. Especially at her friend's place. Obviously a guy. I don't even know if she is dating him. But she's been receiving alot of phone calls lately. Oh well.

I guess I'm just gonna have fun.  It's Christmas day anyway. I can't let anything get me bothered.

Ever since I saw Zahra and Benjamin together the other day, I didn't even know how to figure out how they knew each other.  I'm was upset when Zahra had to lie to cover their meeting.

"I saw one of my old classmate that left our school in bayelsa back then." she smiled effortlessly with her lie.

I felt like slapping her then.

It would only get complicated if my imagination had taken the best of me. Should I trust Benjamin?. Speaking of, he hasn't called since that day.

"Alima, you shouldn't work yourself up. Yep,  let's just party Hard."  I decided pschying myself up, will get me excited for the party.  I mean, I get to meet some guys.  Probably sexy guys.

"you ready babe?" Adesua confirmed with me before heading out together, enroute to the party.

****************************************

Dim lights, music blasting at every corner of the house.  It's a huge house.  What does this friend do again?. 

Adesua and I walk into the midst of the gyrating bodies of both men and women enjoying the intoxicating atmosphere. We spot a group of people at a corner which Adesua suddenly recognises one of them.

We finally got to the group.

"You made it! " the first guy stood, welcoming us and giving Adesua a tight hug.  "Merry Christmas by the way. " he winks at us.  What a pretty flirty guy. I could only fake a smile in response.
Soon the other two guys seemed to realize they had company.

"hey,  you guys  get up, we have guests." he gestures the second guy who was flirting with another girl to aknowledge us while He shakes the third guy who apparently was...asleep?

"Don't mind that guy, he doesn't know how to handle his acholol." he snickered pointing at the third guy who sluggishly moves a leg.

"Urghhh, shut up. who was it that mixed my drink? " the third guy responded, groaning before raising his head.

Oh my god? Tayo?

Tayo is the third guy who is possibly drunk?.

"Tayo? " trying to make sure it was him. Why is he here? I haven't seen him for a whole week and now he's here on Christmas day.......Drunk!!.

"Oh you know him? " first guy asks, also stunned by my sudden recognition.

"Ali? " Tayo sluggishly opens his eyes trying to gain consciousness.

Rubbing his face and taking a bottle of water. He looks at me again. "what are you doing here? " he asks, looking at me properly from bottom to top.  Is he....checking me out?.

"hey babe let's get to the dance floor,  hmm? " Adesua whines to the first guy,  pulling him to the dance floor. Finally he agrees stepping rhythmically to the dance floor. Leaving just me, Tayo and those flirting couples.