Chapter 9: I think I like you???

"Alima,  Alima?"

I hear my name being called, but i still can't tolerate what happened yesterday. That perverted, conniving weasel. Telling me to cook dinner for......

"ALIMA!!! "

"Yes!!" I jerked out of my thoughts. I see two angry eyes staring at me but soon turned to concern.

"Are you alright?" Benjamin asks feeling worried. I can't believe I totally blanked out when i was suppose to report the account progress of the WAEC payments. 

"I...I...I'm sorry." I apologize.

"If you aren't feeling well, please let me know." His words were gentle. He drops the file on his desk, staring at me for a moment. I felt nervous like his stare bore into me.

"You never seem to amaze me Alima." Still using his gentle tone, he chuckled. Somehow, I like the way he laughs. It's soothing, caring,.....woah! Alima, what is wrong with you? Put your head on straight girl.

Still smiling, "It's like you always hide what bothers you." He tilts his head to the side still waiting for a reaction from me.

"Uh, I didnt  notice I do that....but thank you for noticing." I try not to blush about such little concern. I should leave his office now.

"School is almost over, can I take you home?" He asks,  his eye were saying yes. My heart felt like saying No.

"OK." The words just flowed out naturally without thinking. What is wrong with me? It's like I'm not just attracted to him but like I can be myself with him. Is this what you call being 'charmed'?

I nervously leave his office before I humiliate myself.

"Ooooohh, your eyes are facing the gutter." Adesua sang to my attention interrupting me. Was I day dreaming again.

Ugh what is up with today sef. I'm angry at Tayo, i think I'm smitten by Benjamin. I can't calm my emotions. Is it another time of the month? Maybe. I feel my chest getting heavy lately. Haha. I don't knoooow.

"My eyes are up here joor." I snap at Adesua. She's back from her family's emergency meeting.
"Hmmmm, I hear." She sneered, facing her sit back to her desk. "So what did the both of you do beside talking about accounts." She grinned suspiciously.

"Wha....what do you mean?" I stutter.

We didn't do anything...right?

"Nothing." I made sure my response was emotionless. I'm not lying na.

"OK oooo." She rolls her eyes before continuing. "Are we still going to that club this evening? Today is Friday and we need to mingle. Seriously, I can feel cobwebs building up in my social life if I don't get some fine,hot, man-candy into my system SOOOON, my social life might never start up again." She growled at the last part. We both laughed as the school bell rang indicating school was over.

I walk out of the school gate with Adesua by my side still gossiping about unnecessary dramas in the school when a car pulls up at our front and the wind shield began to slide down revealing Benjamin's face. Oh? I forgot he said he wanted to take me home.

"Mr Benjamin, good afternoon sir." She did a curtsy while he gave a bow in response. "You are going home sir?" She asked  while I have been quiet since the conversation started. I feel awkward not saying anything. "Why don't I drop you ladies home. If you don't mind?." Now, he was facing me. A nervous smile rose at the corner of my mouth. "Thank you sir, but,... "

"No 'but' sir oooo, 'thank you sir for saving our transport fare' is what she wanted to say." Adesua cuts me off grabbing my arm, pulling me into the car. This girl, can't she read the situation?

"I know he likes you, and you probably want to be alone but I just want free transport." She whispers into my ear as we got into the back seat. "Don't mind me." She winks at me. I smile back at her nervously. Last thing I want is a gossip about me and him. He is the V.P.  But I'm glad she got in with me, it reduces the tension I feel inside my chest. Who knows what could happen?

The drive was rather chatty since Adesua talked a lot and Benjamin kept responding and smiling all through, even when she asked awkward questions. I felt like yelling at her to shut up, after all my attempt at pinching her to mellow didn't work. Who cares. It's not like I need to be that careful around him. He's  just a friend. Yeah, just.... a.... friend. Let's not forget my boss too. 
I laughed at some of the conversation been exchanged. 

Soon we got to my place after dropping Adesua at hers. 'He's such a nice guy' kept swimming in my thoughts. I should bid my farewell quickly before it got awkward. I said my goodbye when he suddenly grabs my hand. I got a bit scared. What is happening?

"I'm sorry." He drops my hand back to its position. He made an expression I didn't quite see properly, then looks at me this time with a smile almost like a cute school boy. Was he shy about something?

"I know a lot of guys have probably asked you this question. Right now, it might look cliché and cheesy...."  I raised an eyebrow at what he's trying to ask.

"....do you have a boyfriend?."

-------------------------------------------

A/N : hmm....... U like??

Don't forget to keep reading, comment on what you like and vote.

Until Tuesday.

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.