Chapter 22: Mother's decision.

Crap crap CRAP!!!!.

Why is she in Lagos? When did she arrive?.

Frantically searching for my one pair of shoe and trying to call Tayo. Damn it. Why isn't he picking?.

Uggh.  Did they meet?.  What could he have said to my mom?. 

"Adesua, please help me look for my bag Abeg. " I anxiously ordered her,  while still trying to get through to Tayo. What the hell naaaaaa.  PICK UP!.

"Here." Adesua tosses my bag at me and i sucessively finding my shoe,  jolted out of her apartment looking for a Taxi to take me straight to Tayo's place ASAP.

Reaching the front gate of the apartment building later in the evening. I sneakily peeked through the small gap between the wall and the gate at the edge, hoping no one was in the compound or if Tayo's car was there. That damn Tayo.  He's sooo going to get it from me when I see him.

Suddenly jerkinv away from the gate to the sudden ringing of my phone.  I pick up hastily, holding a breath.

"Sis Alima."  thank God, it's Zahra. Letting out the breath.

"where are you? Mama is beginning to ask questions. I don't think I can come up with anymore lies. "  Zahra briefly informs me before my mother snatches the phone from her.

"oh hoo, So the prodigal 'shide'(child) doesn't want to see me abi? " My mother yells through the phone.  " Haba, I'm coming now." I whined before she harshly hangs up.  What do I do???

Finally, gathering the courage to enter the compound,  walking towards the apartment. I can only imagine two things with my mother,  (a)  Nag about me not calling her (b)  finding out I live with a man.  Please not option (b).

Slightly opening the door I silently walk in when I suddenly paused at the entrance.

My mom wasn't in the sitting room.  Phew. Ramsey glances at me with a blank expression for a brief moment before focusing back on the TV. For the time being, let me quickly head to the kitchen before my mom comes out from wherever she was.

"Alima?." puzzled,  my mother stares at me from the kitchen entrance. So she was in the kitchen.

"Mama-"

Before I could say anything further,  she grabs me by the shoulder, taking a proper look at me.  What's going on?

"é bá mí wò ömö yí. Sè kò rù? "(Pls help me look at this child.  ls she not thin?). My mother asks my siblings who just watched with little attention.

"Mamaaaa.... " I whined while hugging her to face my siblings who were mouthing the words, "she met Mr.Tayo" silently. Both my eyes widened at that moment.

"are you eating  at all? " my mother asks before breaking the hug and dragging me to the kitchen.

She met TAYO!!!

I shouldn't be bothered by this right?. I'm sure Tayo covered for me.......... I hope.

"I like this place that you found." she smiled, turning the Eba in the pot.

"Ye-Yes....it is." I stuttered a bit.

I have to try and call Tayo again. That idiot should better pick up. Still fuming and fidgeting in my thoughts, unknown to me that she already placed a big bowl of ogbonno(brownish draw soup) in my front.

"Oya, take that to the dining." she orders,  jerking me from my thoughts.

"Yes ma" I answered immediately taking the dish out of the kitchen.

Placing the dish on the dinning table, glancing at the twins still watching TV.  These children are so annoying. As if I knew when my mom arrives, they end up leaving the work for me.  Brats.
Heading back to kitchen, the doors to the entrance of the house opens and stepping in, was Tayo.

We stared at each other for more than a moment.
Since last night's episode, I can't believe I felt the soft lips of this guy whom I find annoying but now, he's in front me. Nope I can't let the emotions take over.

We stared at each other's eyes, It felt like we could talk telepathically like, "where did you put your phone idiot" and he would respond like "don't you know I don't put on my phone when I'm busy? " yep, something snorty like that.

"Welcome." he firmly said before heading towards his room. Not even a smile or a joke or an annoying remark. 

Wait.  Does he remember what happened last night?.  Is he pissed that I kissed him?.

"Aunty, why are you standing there?.  Go and carry the plates and let's  eat jare." my mother interrupts me again.  By the way, what am I going to do concerning her?.

***************************************

Finally gathering round the Table to eat, Tayo sitting next to me was quiet and so was the rest of us.  The table displayed a grand picturesque feast. That's  one thing with my mom.  She always cook her meals like she's feeding a crowd.
In between the twins, my mother gradually dishes out the ogbonno soup on each of our plates, handing out the balls of Eba wrapped in light cellophanes and after saying her prayer for the meal, we dug in.

"so...." my mother began.  "Alima, I heard you left your uncle's place. Where your father and I thought you were staying, only to come to this place." she looks at me queerly.

"Uhm I wanted to be close to wor-"

"You need to see the way my head turned today when I arrived  this morning to find out you're not staying there but rather somewhere else with a man." she sneered at Tayo. You could sense the anger from her tone.

"So,  before Your father finds out and because I'm a nice person." her mood lightens a bit. "choose two options. 1.) Find a new apartment within two days.  2.) Move back to bayelsa."

What the?. How can she tell me to leave?. I thought she might be reasonable but these options? 

"I know, I should have explained about the situation since-"

"Hmm and I'm guessing you told your siblings to keep it a secret also." she cuts in looking at both twins and smirked.

"Yes,  I'm sorry but I don't think it's up to you to tell me to leave. And there's nothing going on between him and I, if that's what you're trying to avoid. ." I defended.
I face Tayo now,  to back me up. I mean she shouldn't be the one to tell me that. Right?

"Right? " repeating my thoughts while still facing Tayo.
Tayo who has been quiet since the conversation started, only looked into the distance blankly. What the hell is he thinking  about?  Back me up goddammit. Explain the situation.

"Your mother is right."with his blank calm expression, he responded looking at my mother.

"what?!. " surprise written all over my face. My sister whose spoon fell from her hand after Tayo's response, coughed out.

He agreed??!!!!!!

I watch from my mother back to Tayo.  What's  going on?.

-----------------------------------------------

A/n: Hian what's  Tayo thinking?

Do you think Her mother has the right to tell her to leave?

Leave your comments.

Till Friday.

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.