Chapter 17: Benjamin's Guilt.

Benjamin 's POV

Her beautiful smile. As always, thinking of what others thought about what she does.  Very interesting. How I missed you.

Well, it's not like I basically moved to Lagos to see her again. It was just.......coincidence.
I should see this as a good thing though.  After four years, she still didn't recognize me. I should redeem myself this way. Damn if she knew, I might lose her again.

"it's too early B.J.  Let's talk about it sometimes later. I'm about to graduate soon. We can't -" she tried explaining herself. 

Maybe I rushed her and I let my anger control me.  But she could have just agreed back then. 

Will you forgive me if you found out what I did to you?

What is up with this traffic? I'm getting late. 

This time, yeah this time I will definitely win you back. 

Finally arrived. This place for the seminar looks good. 
I quickly get to my seat, Thank God she hasn't arrived yet. I hope she didn't change her mind.

There she is. Woah, she's beautiful.

"Hey, " I call out to her so she can easily spot where I sat. Somehow, deep down i feel like I'm making her get uncomfortable. Am I becoming clingy?. Will she notice and keep her distance? 

No no no.  Let's not think about that.
All that matters is the present.

"Good morning." she gleamed brightly at me.  "was the traffic bad? " I ask placing some booklets containing the seminar outline in front of us on the table.

"No.  I had to make sure my siblings were balanced before i left the house." she replied taking a glance at the paper.

Her siblings.? They are here?  When did they arrive.  Hmm. They might probably still recognize me.

"Sir, the program is about to start. " she brings me back to reality.

After three hours of sitting, it was time for refreshments. "I hope you aren't tired yet? " I playfully bump her arm.

"Oh No, but I think I dozed off in the middle." She let out a nervous little laugh covering her mouth to hide it. I had no choice but to also laugh.

"You are so  interesting Alima." I chuckled taking a sip from the malt drink served.

"oh, how? " she smiles at me taking a sip from her malt also.

"Don't worry after this seminar,  I'll tell you ."

"OK." she pouts in response looking at the program booklet.

So cute.

Driving home now, I look to my side where she sat quietly sleeping. She must  be tired.  After all she was very diligent through out the seminar. Even asking me a lot of questions. And now, she's so peaceful while sleeping. I could watch her all day.
"Damn it Benjamin when did you become weird" I said to myself. If only she knew how she always made me feel, then and now.

"oh, we are back." she slightly pushes herself to an upright position  clearing the sleep from her eyes.
As I park in front of her building's gate. A part of me doesn't want her to go yet.

"Thank you for the Seminar,  I learnt quite alot." she grinned shyly. Picking her shoes about to get out, when I reached for her hand.

I have to tell her. This guilt that keeps biting me.

"hey, Can we talk before you go in? " I squeeze her her hand so she might understand  that I'm serious.
She looks at me straight in the eye, I knew she might get confused so I give a small smile to make her feel at ease.

"Alima,..." I pause for a second, breathing out.

"These past few months that we've known each other, I.....seriously need to tell you how I feel." I look at her, hoping she say something but instead she keeps looking at me with an uncertain smile.

"Uh..." looking at my hand still squeezing hers, I know I can't say this looking her in the eye. But I have to let it get across to her. "remember when you  said I looked.... Familiar? " I look up at her expecting her expression to change.

"oh. Is that....my sister and my roommate?"

"Huh?  Sister.... Roommate?" l look to the direction she was looking at. 

A man probably the same age as me standing beside his car must the roommate. With a young girl, probably one of Alima's younger twin sibling  looking directly me.  Directly at me?.  Did she recognize me?

"Ali... " I drop her hands feeling some cold sweat slide down my temple.

"I'm sorry can we talk about this next time?" she stops me obviously more concern about the duo not too far from us. Was she even listening to me?

I feel a bit dejected and slightly relived. But my chest feels heavy postponing my confession.

"fine, maybe another time. You must be tired." those words tasted bitter in my mouth.

"Mmhm, thank you. See you on Monday." She bids me goodbye giving a smile before she got out of the car. Nothing I could do but smile back.

Why now? 

I watch her head towards the duo before starting the engine of my car and leaving the vicinity.

It's really makes sense to me now, 'that the truth might hurt but the one who gives the confession hurts even more'.

------------------------------------------
A/N : hmm I wonder what Benjamin is guilty about.

What happens when Zahra finds him out?

I hope you liked this chapter. Yes it's short again. Bear with me.

Note: I will be updating two more chapters this week.

Working hard to make you like each character.

Thanks for your time.