Chapter 15: "Can't you tell?" (part 1)

Aahahh.....its that time of the year, where the streets are decorated in different colors of green, red and white. The melody of its festivity illuminating the streets of Lagos. Christmas, one of the holidays, I don't really like. Because I can't go for any holiday. Even if I had, it would be for the 25th and 26th which isn't fun. Ugh.

My siblings have been with me for two weeks now, preparing to start school at Unilag(university of Lagos) in January.
Since they've been here, it's nothing but arguments. Zahra is just soooo annoying, Ramsey doesn't pay any attention to what's happening and Tayo barely stays at home. We barely talk. I sort of miss him bullying me. Argh what am I saying. There is Benjamin, who I haven't properly given him the go ahead to date me but I feel...... Off.

"hey, Ali....." Tayo interrupts my thoughts. Wait. Tayo is back from the hospital?.
"Tayo... You're back?" I ask feeling awkward that he saw me daydreaming.

"Yeah.... But I didn't go to the hospital. I went to get something. Need your help with this. " he brings out two packs from the shopping bag, revealing two different ties. A burgundy color with little diamond stars at the bottom and a sea blue tie with a fancy printing at the beginning. They look so pretty and expensive. I wonder what they are for?.

"which one.... do you think suits me more?" he asks looking at me like I was someone he normally takes advice from.

"what's the occasion?" I ask, still guessing which could look better on him. I bet he looks good in any of them.

"Just pick one." He lifts the first one impatiently.

"The first one? "... My answer felt like a question.

"You think so too." Putting the tie to his neck facing me to give an assessment.

"Yep." I give a thumbs up. "So, what's the occasion?"

My colleague at the hospital invited me for his wedding tomorrow. And I haven't really gone to any weddings. So I feel a bit nervous.

I try to stifle a laughter. So Tayo can be nervous?. How cute.

"it's not funny jare. " he pouts feeling more nervous. "but I know I will look good. I might steal the bride. " he winks at me.

I roll my eyes. Tayo can like to feel himself. SMH.

"do you want to come with me.....as a plus one? " he asks putting the ties back into their boxes.

Hmm.... I would've like to see Tayo in a formal suit just once. But I had already made plans with Benjamin for a seminar that day .
Ugh I should have refused but he was too convincing that I go with him. Let's not say I have decided to date him. No. I'm just trying to take my time even though I am attracted to him. So I shouldn't play the "hard to get" game right?.
So my decision, Tayo in a suit at a wedding or go out with Benjamin to a seminar. Ugh the second choice sounds boring isn't it?.

"uhmm.... I-" my head suddenly feels woozy. My knees feel weak.

"Ali? Hey" firming his grip on my arms to prevent me from falling.

"Hey, are you OK? " concern in his voice.

"Uhh... I am fine." I pull out of his grip immediately. I don't want him taking care of me too much.

"Are you still taking the medicine?" he stares intensely. Is he reading my mind?

Damn, I can't lie now. Turning my face to run away. When he suddenly grabs my arm and grips my jaw with two fingers and staring hard into my eyes.

Shit,  he's angry but why is my body reacting to his grip. 

"Liar.  This is why I call you stupid." he looks at one eye to the other. Inspecting my face with anger in his eyes.  Can he feel my face burning with his touch?. Please let go.

He let's go of my face. "when last did you take them? " his voice became a bit calm but you can sense the anger behind it.

"Two days ago......?" I clam my lips avoiding his gaze.

"Who do you think you're lying to?" he said that,while flicking me on the forehead.

"oow. " I groaned at the pain. "why did you do that?."

"Because you are like a child. " places his hand on my face.  Oh no. Someone please tell me why my body reacts to Tayo like this?.  He is a BULLY.  Am I attracted to bullies?.  I feel like a sad masochist.

".....you have not been taking care of yourself properly. You are dehydrated." Tayo kept talking.  Huh? What has he been talking about?

"I can't follow you to the wedding." my voice sounded timid. "I already made plans with Benjamin the V. P. " saying that,  I notice his face became clenched. 

"why are you telling me that? I'm worried about your health." he rolls his eyes.

He picks up his packages looking at me again, " Just make sure you take your medicine and drink alot of water AND RES-." he kept talking when my phone suddenly rang.  I quickly pick it knowing it was Benjamin. "it's Benjamin. " I spoke out.
I step out of the house as I kept talking to Benjamin.

Tayo's POV

What the hell?  I just told her to take care of herself and she is receiving a call from Benjamin or whatever. Stupid Ali.

"Ahem. " someone interrupted my angered thoughts.  Seeing that it was Zahra  who just came in from the bedroom.  Has she been here all the while?

"Hmm,  I saw something."  she coos, eyeing me.

"What did you see? " I said, raising an eyebrow. Is she trying to flirt with me again.

"oh jingle bells, jingle bells, Lalala La-La" she skips playfully to my side still grinning.

"Huh? "

" how long has it been? " she stops skipping, standing at my front folding her arms like she caught a culprit. What is she talking about?

"How long what? " I ask. 

"you know,  my sister......" she pauses ".......You? "

"Talk clearly jaree" is she trying to piss me off.

"Ugggh couples. " she rolls her eyes giving up the hand folding.

"You're INLOVE with my SISTER abi???." she blurted out.

What the.......

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : happy new week.

Gbam.  Zahra don talk am.

Do you think Tayo is in love with Alima or does he just enjoy teasing her?

And do you think Alima might realize this too n how would she react??

I hope you enjoy the chapter

See you on Friday?

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.