Twelve. Ace.

Just remember the day time is when the peace of the night is dead

Senior Year.

I left Nemmi's house and immediately exasperated. What had just happened? This sudden realisation of Noah's violent nature is coming off as scary yet somehow sexy. Sexy? Yes, sexy. I walked towards my car and I loved the way it contrasted with the dark black scenery. Dark black? "Oh, God what time is it?"

I checked my phone and I had 7 missed calls from my father. It was 9 pm and I was just as good as dead already. I got in my car and broke all the laws I could break in order to get home while driving, speeding to my house so fast you'd think I'm in Fast and Furious. I slowed down when I entered our gated community though, as not to get a bad reputation for my father.

As I pulled up to the front fountain, around the round about and onto the main driveway. I parked my car in my spot and attempted to enter through the servants gate near the kitchen as not to draw attention to myself. I entered the house and it was as silent as it was dark. I removed my sandals at the bottom of the stairs. There was nothing in sight. I snuck up the stairway towards my room. Slowly, I creeped up every stair, feeling every bristle of our velvet carpets brush against my feet as I sunk into them and the metallic coldness of the marble underneath it and the grills I was clinging onto for life. Suddenly the lights went on. Damnit.

"Phone." Said a booming force of negligence, detest and anger. Father.

"Father, I beg you please. I went to the meeting and I swam. I did all you asked. " I pleaded.

"No, I asked for you to be back by 7pm. Now that you didn't do that--"

"Here." I said, tossing him my bundle of car keys.

"Which car?" He asked sternly.

"The Tesla." I whispered. It was difficult to let go but I did what I had to do.

"One week no Tesla. Practice once in the morning at 6pm and before bed from 8:30pm till 11pm at the club. You will not go to Jackies house or wherever the hell you've been wasting my time with. I didn't want this for you son. You should be thanking me for saving you." He turned sharply and without another word, closed his door and went to bed. I groaned. Thanks.

I took my phone and texted Noah.

Are you okay?

Everything is fine. I can't sleep though😑

Anything you want to talk about?

Don't worry about it. I'll be fine. The guy deserved the right hook anyway 😂 Hey, Nemmi is moving around alot so I think I'll just sleep.

Goodnight then love.

Goodnight. 💕

What does he do with Nemmi in that bed? Why does he sleep there? Why does he insist on her being a part of his life? I'll never replace her. I know that. I just want his honesty. I gazed onto my gold pleated window frames and remembered the days where it was just us. Without...her. I felt guilty for having these thoughts about her. But I've grown more fond of him than I ever felt possible. I stared at the crevices in my wall, they gave me slight interest as they twisted and turned across my walls the constant repetition of the cracks, the consistency of the fissures for a time being, it was never new but never old. Like a classic ever changing pattern that continuously appeared, over and over until it changed into a clear, clean, smooth path. I followed the crevices with my finger feeling every bump and bulge I could possibly feel; representing the flaws in my perfect wall like the flaws in my ever 'Oh so perfect life'.

*•*•*•

I heard three knocks on the door, each in an equal distance of three seconds from each other. I sat up groggily and rubbed my eyes. Slowly, I adjusted to the light in my room bouncing off of my clean white walls onto my eyes. "Son, its 5:30, you'll be out for a swim soon I believe?" She asked blankly. My mother was a soulless being walking around my house, well having been around father that long can do that to a person. "Mom, can I ask you something?" I began. She closed the door behind her and approached me. "Mother. Not mom." She corrected. "Fine. Mother. Where is she?" I asked. I could only hope that after ten years of--. "You will never ask me anything about her ever again! You know your father doesn't want her name mentioned on these grounds, under his roof, in these walls. He doesn't want a whisper of her name in this house not amongst the servants and definitely not out of your mouth!" She scram, slowly approaching me inching closely to my throat. "What happened to you? Have you no heart? You loved her!" I scram at her face. Tears were slowly emerging from my eyes I could feel it.I tore out my heart for her. "Yes I did. And he took her form me. And left me with you." She said sternly. She didn't lift her voice or stifle a cry. She simply stared at me blankly as if wanting the words to sink further into me. "Whats all this noise?" My father asked from the hall. He didn't dare step into my room though, it seemed unlike him to do so. "Its almost 6 O'clock prepare for your swim son." And so I did.