Six. Ace

Conversations over hot soup could be the most important part of a friendship.

Senior High.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes floating into my nose. I sat up from my bed. My alarm clock had 10 more minutes before it was set to ring. Great. Im early again. I went to the shower.

I turned on the shower and let the water caress my skin. After a five minute shower I dried my body and slipped on Jeans and a black polo shirt. I saw my  red vans at my door and put them on. I combed my hair to the side and gelled it. I grabbed my bag and wanted to get out of the front door as soon as possible.

"Son!" A voice called before I walked out of the front door.

"Yes?" I said turning around.

"Today im going to need you to go to swim training a little early because I need to sort some things out at the office regarding your training." He said formally.  I've never had a simple 'good morning' from him.

"How early?" I asked leaning on the closed door.

"At about 11 O'Clock. "

"Can I skip school?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yes. Yes you can."

I mouthed a yes.

"Thanks. " I said turning around, opening the door and walking out.

"Son!" My father shouted. I rolled my eyes and turned again.

"Yes Father. "

"Calm the attitude. " He snapped.

"Sorry father."

"Your mother wants you to eat breakfast. " He said facing the door. I groaned.

"Okay."

I walked towards the kitchen and set my backpack on the counter and sat down. My mother eyed me and continued cooking.

"Hi mum."

"Hello son. How was your slumber?" She said pouring me juice.

"Good. How was yours?" I said cutting up my pancake.

"Elbows."  She said knocking my elbows off the counter.

"Right. " I said. I ate a pancake really quickly. When i finished i wiped my mouth with a napkin and drank my juice.

"Thankyou. "

"Thankyou son. Enjoy your afternoon. Have a good swim." She said while washing her dishes. I walked away.

I got my keys from the chauffeur and got into my red Lambrogini. As I  drove down the street I felt disgusted.  The houses were all mansions. The street was clean and cleared of people. I was in a place where I  didn't belong.  Ace Ventura son of an Olympic swimmer and his chef wife. I sighed. 'What a life!' he always says.

*•*•*•
"Hey Noah. " I said through the phone.  I was driving back from a long endless meeting with the head of my dads gym.

"Hey whats up?"

"Well I don't have school and i was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" I said taking a corner towards Nemmi's house.

"Of course. Why don't you have school?" He asked.

"Long story. Where should I meet you?"

"Nemmi's place after school."

"Okay. Bye babe." I said smiling.

"Bye."

I stopped at Nemmi's house and got out. I went to knock on the door to see if anyone was home. There was no movement.  I knocked again. And again.  And again. A muffled voice came from behind the door. I shuddered. Someone opened the door.

Her nose was cherry red and she had bed cover over her head and covering her body.

"Jackie? " She turned around and ran away.

"Jackie are you okay?" I said following where she went. She entered a room full of scarves and bright and colorful posters. I assumed this wasn't Nemmi's room.

"Im fine."  She said as I admired the room. I looked at her. I was thrown back by the state she was in.

"Woah. You are not okay." I said going towards her.

"No. Stop. Ill infect you."  I laughed. 

"You don't have some deadly disease.  You just have a cold."

"What are you doing here?" She said sitting cross legged on her bed.

"I-I just came to check if anyone was home." I said. Suddenly she made me nervous as her blue eyes sparkled with question.

"Well you found me. Now what?"

"Have you eaten anything? "

"No. Not really. "

"Want me to make you some soup?" I offered. For some reason I thought being a fake boyfriend would be the least I can do.

"As if you can cook."

"I can. My mom forced me to take cooking classes for about...1...2...3...4...5...years." I counted as I  went along.

"You must've been a popular kid." She said sarcastically.

"Shut up." I laughed.

"C'mon. " I said taking her hand. We entered the kitchen and looked for the ingredients.

"So...Ace right?" She said bringing out a chair and sitting in the kitchen.

"Yes. "

"How did you meet Noah?" She asked. I blushed.

"Well I met him in school. I was trying to get a hold of Nemmi because of some swimming stuff. She was school president at the time. Everything had to go through her. Then I became friends with Noah and Nemmi. But Noah especially." I began. I was washing the chicken and began cutting it up  in small peices while telling the story.

"Go on."

"Then one day we ended up at this party and got really drunk. We ended up doing some...stuff." I started to dice the carrots and searched for the salt.

She chocked on a drink.

"Not what you think. Nothing too PG rated.We talked the next day we talked alot. But we avoided the whole subject until eventually we told eachother we wanted to do it again. Then we ended up sneaking around. It's the thrill that's really exciting. " I said smiling.

"Thats very interesting." Jackie said leaning back on her chair.

"Is it? " I scoffed.

"So Jackie? " I said facing her.

"Yes."

"Jackie Key tell me about yourself. " I said looking at her.

"Where do I start?"