Eleven. Noah

I find, its mentally exhausting to over think;
however, its incredibly tiresome to underthink.

Senior year.

"Look who I found." Nemmi said with discontent, I knew she wouldn't sell me out. I smiled at them all. Ace wrapped me in a extremely tight hug and I could feel all the affection emanating from his body. I winced slightly, remembering that I had bruises lining my body as crevices do on an Oak tree. "Where have you been all day?" Ace asked, grasping my face and turning my head as if to search for a small indication of evidence.

"I punched someone, thats all." I said casually, brushing it off. My bad boy persoña had to be maintained.

"He punched who was meant to take me out Friday night, but I think thats cancelled. Thanks Mayweather." Nemmi scoffed, she walked towards her room. I watched her go, her curvacious body sway left to right and the rythm of her steps were matched with elegance and sexiness. She signalled 10 minutes and then shut the door behind her. I had ten minutes to convince these people before me that everything was okay. 

I sat on the couch, slightly provoking my bruises but I calmed them. "Hey Jackie." She sat there eyeing me suspiciously. "Why did you punch him?" She asked. "Look, I may be gay but I still love Nemmi. I care about her more than anything. Some creep slipped something in her drink. I wasn't going to stand by and watch it. Call me a...hero?" Jackie didn't beleive me yet. I went on,"Yes, I was following her. But thats jusy Ace texted me that she was missing and he wanted to go home. I was worried about the both of them. And sure....call me selfish. But Nemmi and I 'dated' for three years and seeing her in the hands of another. It just--"

"How do you think she feels?" Jackie pestered. Damn. "Well now I know. Josephine has a big heart, she's stronger than I am." I fake cracked my voice. "I'm sorry for prying, I shouldn't have." Jackie said rising from the couch. Ace put his arm around my shoulder. "I think I just want to go to bed." I said to him. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight. " Ace whispered as he left the house.

For a while I sat there. I never thought about how Nemmi felt. Well of course I did, I always did. But I never understood. I've never understood anything at all. I'm used to her making sense to everything in my life for me. She knows all there is to know about me. I found myself heart-striken by a member of the male species and this love acts as a buffer to everything else. However, I'm stuck on a moral dilemma: Whether I like it or not?

I got up and went into Nemmi's room. She wasn't there so I assumed she was in the bathroom. I knocked on the door and got no reply. I decided I'd join her. I removed my clothes until all I was wearing was my boxer breifs. I entered the bathroom. Nothing could prepare me for what I saw.

Nemmi was curled up in her bathtub with water filling the tub rapidly, not only through the pipe but her eyes. Her eyes were swollen as she coughed her emotions out. She made only groans of pain and suffering. She silently cried out her pain in breif whispers. My love. She stared directly at the wall though, breaking no eye contact with the intimate object. It reflected into her eyes, her eyes acted as a souless keep in which all her emotions were kept, I presume. It looked as though it was empty and all its demons were released into the world. This is what I saw before me.

"Baby." I whispered. She didn't move. I went to her bathtub and sat behind her, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her towards me. She reluctantly laid in my arms. "Remember our 2 year anniversary? When we got so fucked up we sat with eachother in silence and without a word knew exactly what needed to be said? And we held eachother all night? It was the day we decided I should stay over sometimes. So we could do that more often...remember?"  I asked. She looked into my eyes, this meant yes. I got out of the tub and held out my hand for her. She got out of the tub. We stood, staring at eachother for a perpetual moment. I could see her pain, she was feeling the pain for me. And I couldn't bear it. I couldn't see her like this. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. "I love you" I whispered as she run her fingers down my bruises, and once again coughed out a cry. She looked at me and gripped my face, "Noah--". I stopped her. I pulled her to her room. I laid on her bed and she turned of the lights and joined me soon after. I heard her crys and she heard mine. "Goodnight. " She whispered after what felt like forever, "I love you."