Five. Noah

We have many sides. Some sides we show and some sides no one else knows.

Senior High.

I gathered my thoughts and sat up from the bed. The sun was shining through the windows which made me squint. I rubbed my eyes and blinked thoroughly. There was a knock on the door. It was consistent and woke me up. I shouted some profanities and a 'come in' followed them.

"Its about 7 O'Clock so you should get ready for school." A head said sticking itself through the door. His icy blonde hair bounced slightly.

"Thanks Jake." Nemmi said from next to me. She looked beautiful tucked into her bedsheets. She regarded me and smiled.

"What?" She said after a while.

"Nothing. " She simply stared at me with her beautiful dark eyes. I stood up. It wasn't the first time I had been in this room. But I felt like this time I was a different person.

"Im going to go to my house to change and I'll be right back to pick you up." I said while slipping on my jeans and buttoning up my shirt.

"Okay. See you later. " She said getting up from the bed. She walked towards the bathroom. Her body was lined with curves and undeniable beauty. I could only wish to find her a man she deserves. I walked out of the room.

I grabbed my car keys off the coat rack in Nemmi's living room where I always put them. Jake waved goodbye as I left. I got into my car. It was warm. I pressed a button and the car started. I began to drive home.

As I was going home I started thinking. I love Nemmi. She is my favorite person in the world. But the way I love her isn't the way she loves me. Or the way I love Ace. Confusion is clouding my mind and the feeling is deeply un settling.

I parked the car outside the house by the curb. I walked in to see my dad asleep on the floor. Beer bottles were everywhere. Broken glass and alcohol  were all over the place. Disgusting.

I picked up my phone and called the only person I knew could help.

"Olà mamãe." She sighed through the speaker.

"Olà Noah. Whats wrong?"

"Pai..." I whispered. She shouted at me for approximately ten minutes in Portuguese before she walked through the front door and started cleaning. My mother and father had been doing this for years. It gets tiring.

I went to my room. Had a shower and changed. I looked at my watch. It was about Twenty minutes to eight. I walked out of the peices of rock, cement and plaster thrown together, I  call a house. I was surprised my car was still there and not stolen by the neighbours.

My mother was storming out of the house so I assumed she cleaned the house and put my father in bed.

" Graças mãe." I said kissing her on the forehead. She smiled and continued down the street. She walked as fast as she could to her office at the café. I got in my car and drove towards Nemmi's house. On the way I heard some shouting from my house. My father probably woke up and is going on a drunk rampage. I kept driving. Always keep driving.

********
Translated conversation

"Hello Mom" She sighed through the speaker.

"Hello Noah. Whats wrong?"

"Dad..." I whispered. She shouted at me for approximately ten minutes in Portuguese before she walked through the front door and started cleaning. My mother and father had been doing this for years. It gets tiring.

I went to my room. Had a shower and changed. I looked at my watch. It was about Twenty minutes to eight. I walked out of the peices of rock, cement and plaster thrown together i call a house. I was surprised my car was still there and not stolen by the neighbours.

My mother was storming out of the house so i assumed she cleaned the house and put my father in bed.

"Thankyou Mom." I said kissing her on the forehead