Three. Ace

Money and fame doesn't always equal happiness.

Senior High.

"I have to go. My parents will get mad. " I pouted. Noah kissed my cheek.

"Okay. See you babe. " He said releasing me from his grip.

"See you."

I walked out of the door and headed to my car. I dug into my pocket and tried to find my keys. Eventually, I got them and pulled them out. I searched for my car key in the bunch I had on my palm.

It was dark out. But I liked it like this. It was chilly yet warm. I opened my car and the lights inside turned on. I sat on the drivers seat, put the key in the ignition and strarted driving.

The closer I was getting to home the more I was dreading it. I had to go back to being who they wanted me to be and not me.

I parked the car in our driveway and dragged myself to my front door. The second I walked in he was standing there waiting for me.

"Son, where have you been?" He said scowling at me. I checked my watch. It was 7 O'Clock.

"I was at a friends. Studying. " He looked at me as if expecting me to go on.

"With Jackie. "

"Your mothers been worried sick! You could have at least called." He said pointing towards the kitchen. There was a shuffling of pots and pans but no sign of my mother.

"Sorry Dad." I murmured.

"Tommorow after school I've signed you up for training down at my gym everyday except Friday and the weekend. You will start from 5 O'Clock to 7 30 pm. The time in between school and 5 O clock for after school activities. Possibly swimming. You will come directly home and have dinner at eight. After that you can linger around and do your homework until 10 O'Clock. Then you will go to bed and repeat. Do you understand?" He commanded. As usual my dad had organized my life into a schedule. A schedule I had no say to. A schedule that i was supposed to live by.

"Bu-"

"Ace Ventura. Do you understand?" He glared at me. His dark brown eyed stared into mine like an endless tunnel of terror.

"Yes father."

"Good. Now go have dinner and then go to your room, have a shower, then go to bed." And with that he turned around and went towards his study. His place of sanctuary that he never got out of.

"Dad this isn't fair!" I shouted to his back. He payed no notice.

"Do you know how I became an Olympic Gold medalist! I trained day and night without fail. I didn't 'study with Jackie'. My son is a great swimmer and if he doesn't beleive it, I'll make him!" He said before he walked into the door. Here we go again. The famous Franz Ventura, three time Olympic gold medalist. Retired. Filthy rich. 'What a life!' He always says.

"Dad!" I shouted. I ran to the door.

"Dad!" I shouted again. I banged on the door countless times. I banged. I banged again. I knocked. I kicked. And hit. And wailed. Nothing. I screamed. I remembered the nights I'd spent here as a child. Knocking and Kicking. Hitting and hurting. Wailing and willowing. I knew he wouldn't answer. I walked to my room and up the stairs.

I removed my clothes off of my body and just stood there staring at a peice  of flesh that was not at all me. I sat on my bathroom floor with the water running on my bare back. Another night spent crying in the shower. Another endless night.