Eight. Noah

Sometimes we do things just because.  No reason in particular and just because.

Senior High.

"See you guys later!" The people behind me waved, as they always do and I gave them a fake smile, as I always do. But as I went to my car to see Nemmi and eat with her, as I always do. Nemmi. Where is she?

I picked up my phone and immediately dialed her number. It rang once. Twice. Thrice. She picked up.

"Hey."

"Hey? Where are you? Its the end of the day we need to go!" I shouted. Where was she? Where could she possibly be?

"Baby calm down. I'm hanging with a friend today. If you don't mind." She giggled.

"Who?"

"His name is Dan. But, thats not the point. I'll see you later. " She said. I wanted to grab her through the phone and smash her to peices.  Dan? Whos Dan? What does Dan have to do with her? Dan. Dan? I don't know a Dan.

"Nem--" She cut the phone. I was about to throw my phone on the ground when I saw a group of girls were standing there staring at me with awe.

"Hey guys!" I said waving they're way. One of them started jumping and squealing while the rest stood there still. I got in my car and drove off.

"Freshmans" I scoffed.

I couldn't help but think of this Dan  character and I questioned whether I should have asked those Freshman's about him. I drove silently away from school.  I tried to make sure no one ever saw where I was going. I made lots of stops along the way and drove very quickly. The bad side of town. It's considered 'trashy' but it was all we could afford.

I turned into my driveway. The only sound echoing around the neighborhood was the sound of my engine vibrating. As I turned off my car and the sound eased it became completely silent. I could feel the presence of something else.

Four gang members stepped out of my house.  Two had baseball bats and the other ones pistols. They stepped out in a formation. Two in the front and to further away on further sides. They all had green bandanas on they're wrists and blue shirts with black sweatpants. They walked towards me then stopped abruptly. From the center of all of them someone I knew very closely stepped out. Giorgio Hermanez. He moved here from Mexico a long time ago but considers himself a Brazilian and speaks only Portuguese and English. We used to be best friends growing up but now he's a drug lord.

"Oy! Martinez. " He said smiling at me. I didn't return the gesture.

"What do you want?" I asked crossing my hands which gained a raise from the pistol holders. Giorgio put his hand up and put them at ease.

"Você." He said pointing at my chest.

"Me? Why?"

"Your very good on your motocicleta."

"And..."

"We need to ask you a few favors. I believe your struggling with dinheiro's. And we could be of help. You know us, help the rich Pessoas and the poor Pessoas." I glared at him. His broken Portuguese was slightly appalling.

"How could you possibly help?"

"We'll talk. All you have to do is say yes ou não." It was with anger and rage and ambition i said it.

"Yes."

•••••••••
Translated conversation
"Hey! Martinez. " He said smiling at me. I didn't return the gesture.

"What do you want?" I asked crossing my hands which gained a raise from the pistol holders. Giorgio put his hand up and put them at ease.

"You." He said pointing at my chest.

"Me? Why?"

"Your very good on your motorcycle."

"And..."

"We need to ask you a few favors. I believe your struggling with money. And we could be of help. You know us, help the rich people and the poor people." I glared at him. His broken Portuguese was slightly appalling.

"How could you possibly help?"

"We'll talk. All you have to do is say yes or no." It was with anger and rage and ambition i said it.

"Yes."