Chapter Eight

2009

Oliver had a rash idea to take me to dinner at his house. He would not take no for an answer and everytime I tried to talk him out of it he would ignore me.

I wasn't good around other people, especially rich people like the Queen family.

"Oliver please don't make me do this." I begged him.

"It won't be for long. Thea really wants to meet you. She knows we've had long midnight conversations because she's heard me talk to you. She says that you make me happier than laurel ever has. That's true." He tried to calm me down but nothing was working. "Anyway we're here now."

"I can do this." I muttered to myself getting out the car. I stood close to Oliver not sure what else to do.

Oliver let himself in pulling me with him. The house was huge, bigger than my apartment building.

"Ollie!" Thea threw herself at him and I moved out of the way.

"Hi speedy. Where's mom and dad?" He asked letting her go.

"In the dining area waiting for dinner. We should be there to." She squealed and turned to me.

"Are you felicity? The one Ollie talks to at night?" She asked.

"I am." I comfirmed.

"You're very pretty." She said touching my hair.

"Thank you." I giggled.

"Come on. Let's go meet mom and dad." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me away from Oliver. 

We came to a stop by the door to the dining room. Their mom and dad were talking but stopped when they noticed me and thea stood there.

"This is Felicity.  She's a friend of Ollies." Thea introduced me.

"Hi it's nice to meet You." I smiled.

"Oliver doesn't have friends. Are you another one of those bimbos Oliver messes around with?" I went to reply but before I could Oliver blew up.

"Don't talk to her like that! She's not even been here for five minutes and you're already insulting her. Felicity is  my friend nothing more nothing less. She knows I'm with laurel and she respects thats." He ranted. "She's s remarkable women who just graduated from MIT for computer sciences. She's smart enough to know not to get involved with me like that Anyway." He finished.

"MIT?" His dad asked. I nodded. "Would you like to intern at Queen Consolidated We would love to have you there."

"Sure. I was thinking of applying there anyway. It's always been my dream to work at Queen consolidated." I smiled.

"Good. How about starting on Monday?" I nodded.

"Monday it is." I told him quietly. "Thank you."

This wasn't going as bad as I thought. Thea and Mr Queen like me. All I had to do was to get Mrs Queen to like me.