Chapter 29: Challenge

(Name) and Silver sat stiffly across the table from Giovanni and Ariana, obvious discomfort written all over their faces. Gold stood sat on on (Name)'s left, not in the little family "square", and he was just fine with that.

Ariana tapped her blood-red fingernails on the table, a cold sneer painted on her lips, while Giovanni kept a perfect poker face, completely uninterested.

"Why don't you elaborate? What brings you both here today?" (Name) wanted to run out of the room due to the looming pressure and presence within the room, but instead, she painted a brave expression on her face and stayed put.

"Mother, I have been accepted into Indigo University," she declared, more calmly than she was expecting. Both Giovanni and Ariana didn't look surprised or impressed.

"Yes, I assumed that much," said Ariana. "Anything else you would like to say?" (Name) was shocked. Is she being serious?! She doesn't care that I got into the most prestigious school of Kanto? And, she was expecting it of me?!

"Please. I need money for the tuition. I have several scholarships, but it's nowhere near enough." (Name) raised her head to stare right at her parents.

"Well, that's your own fault, isn't it?" Ariana scoffed, crossing her arms. "If going to Indigo was really that important to you, then you would've worked hard enough so you had more scholarships."

"Mother, i'm begging you, would it be too much to ask for some support for your own child?"

"Shut up," Ariana hissed, and immediately, (Name) shrunk back slightly. Then, Ariana's pointed chin jutted out in the direction of Gold, who was sitting diagonally from the redhead. "And please, do tell me who this young man is."

"I'm Gold Hibiki." The male appeared angry, and indeed, he was. Who exactly does this woman think she is? (Name) has worked so hard to get to this point!

"Hibiki, eh?" Giovanni finally spoke up.

"That's right." Gold glared at the older man. "Hibiki. You scammed my father and landed him in jail."

"Little boy, you would never understand what it's like to be the leader of a company. Sometimes, you need to sacrifice things in order to get what you want."

"Even at the expense of others?" Gold questioned cynically, copper eyes flashing as he stood up in a fit of rage.

"Sit down, stranger. This is not your house," Ariana declared, but Gold, of course, refused to back down. He remained standing, staring daggers at the couple.

"Even so, this goddamned company won't be my responsibility anymore soon enough," Giovanni spoke dismissively. "My son Silver is eighteen years old and is fully capable of taking over. If you want to ask anyone to free your poor father, ask him."

"'Soon enough'?" Silver interrupted, speaking for the first time during the heated argument. "How about right now?" Giovanni raised an eyebrow, before slowly, he let a small smirk onto his face.

"Right now, you say?"

"Yes," his son seethed. "Right now. If you are truly to give up your 'throne' any time, then, let it be now."

"So be it." At Giovanni's words, Ariana gasped.

"Giovanni, you can't!"

"Ah. It was about time that Rocket Enterprises had a new king." Giovanni, still smirking, stood and walked to the door. "As of this moment, I have officially retired. This company now belongs to my son, Silver Rocket. I will be in my retirement home in the Orange Islands." With that, he left behind a shocked Ariana and three equally shocked teens. After the red-haired woman sent death glares to them, she rose to her feet and chased after her husband.