10

March 21
Day one (12;00am)

"We should take a 5 minute stop" Cameron turned over at me, placing the bag on the ground. I shook my head variously looking around to make sure no one was in sight.

It was getting louder and louder every hour that passed by, which means more people are coming out to purge.

I remember last year when the purge was only for 12 hours and then it was over. I thought that was like a lifetime of deaths, but now this is 10 times worse than how it was last year.

I almost.

I snapped out of My thoughts and picked up the bag off the ground, slinging it across my shoulder. We can't take a five minute break, I can't do that. 

"Eva, we need a five minute break, we've been walking for hours. Plus five minutes can't hurt" he practically pulled the bag off my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the sidewalk. All that's on my mind is why he's not so worried about this whole situation, I mean he seems so calm about all of it.

I slowly looked over to Cameron and saw him walking over to a tree. "Where you going?"

He stopped and turned over to me while rolling his eyes. "To pee, why else would I be going towards a tree? I mean unless you wanna watch me" a smirk started to form on his face while he ran his hand through his hair.

I chuckled while looking away from him. "Don't die taking a piss"

"Shut up blue eyes"

I groaned while laying my head on the bag and staring up at the stars. This reminds me of when I was 8. When I would lay on the trampoline with Beth and stare at the stars until we ended up falling asleep.

Flashback

"Come on Beth my parents won't even notice we left the house, it's pitch black since the power cut off, plus they are sound asleep"

She bit her lip frightened a bit wondering if it was a good idea or not while she swept her tiny hand through her dirty blonde hair. "Fine" she gave up, making a smile appear on my face while It did on hers.

I grabbed her hand as quickly as I could before she could change her mind, and started running as fast as I could towards the back door while I held her hand.

"Let's go to the trampoline" I quickly squealed as I ran towards the trampoline while holding tightly on to Beth's hand.

I squeezed my way through the trampoline entrance, laying myself on my back so I was staring upwards at the stars next to my best friend.

"What do you think we will do when we grow up? I mean I don't know if we would survive long enough cause of the purge" Beth's soft voice filled the chilly air.

I frowned at the thought, but immediately replaced it with a small smile. "If we stick together we won't ever loose each other Beth, we will be safe"

"Just look at that star, the one closest to the moon, that's always going to be ours, and as long as that's there, that means we are both safe and alive" I added before glancing upwards at the dark starry night.

"That's our star"

End of flashback

I let out a soft sigh, hearing the sound of motors and trucks getting louder and louder with loud screams and laughs leaving me to stand up quickly and swing the bag across my shoulder.

"Cameron we need to go now" I screamed at him loudly while looking around to make sure they weren't near us. "Shit" he cursed to himself. He zipped up his pants quickly, running towards me and taking the bag off my shoulder and putting on his.

"Run, and don't hold me back"

I nodded my head, and started running behind him. He was running fast, really fast, and I can't blame him it's the purge.

The motor of the bike roared loudly making me turn my head only to see a group of purgers swinging their sword around making me feel my heart drop. "Cameron, we need to run faster" I told him. He turned around quickly as he ran and saw the purgers.

"Common we turn into this alleyway"

I did as told, quickly turning into the creepy alleyway.

I think I just ran towards my death bed.

A/n

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time, I'm gonna start being active