Friday 10th March

Well my boy you are finally home
the doctor was unsure of sending you home as your pottasium levels were very low but later on in the day they said you could go home,mummy was happy yet a bit nervous but she will have support from the hospital so she need not worry,you could both go home to your dad and your lovely kitten whom you affectionately call "whag waa".

As a family we were all relieved yet still a little nervous as you still looked ever so poorly and very pale but it's only natural we worry we love you so much,I'm exceptionally proud of your mummy she loves you oh so much and she has been a tower of strength too you her only child,she is stronger than she actually thinks,daddy was blaming himself for your diabetes as his late father had type 1 but it's nothing to do with that as the doctor told mummy.

We were suprised to hear that a virus caused your diabetes,I was baffled,how can a virus that most children get at some point in there lives cause a seemingly healthy two and a half year old too develop diabetes?,apparently the virus triggered it somehow I do not know the full facts,we are all as a family at the stage where we are researching type 1 diabetes we need to be clued up on it and know what to do should your sugars go too high or low after all we will be around you so we should know what to do not just mummy and daddy we all need to be informed.
_______________________________________
Saturday 11th march
_______________________________________
Well poor you my dear you wake up on your first morning home with a dreadful cold and your chest is wheezy as it always is when your poorly,mummy is coming down with it too,the nurse came out today too check how your doing and mummy and she is pleased with your progress and how mummy is getting on,your sugar was a little high and the nurse told mummy to call her at 11pm that night if it had not gone down but all was well it went down.

Silly aunty got a little upset today,I have the weekend off work so I think I had time to think about the happenings of this week a bit more as when you got sick and were in hospital I was very busy working so my mind was occupied,it was when I sat down after a busy day yesterday it kind of hit me how poorly you had been and I was looking back at all the videos and pictures of you on my phone all smiley and happy and laughing and dancing as you do then looked at the pictures of you from today still looking dreadful and sad and not a smile near your face for a split second I thought has this changed my nephew will he not be the same child,you are known for being a funny child who is always laughing and who is very loud and fun loving.

I guess I was getting ahead of myself so I snapped out of it and stopped crying I think it all caught up with me the events of the week and I'm a born worrier which doesn't help matters, and also as you will find out when you are older us women are prone to getting emotional now and then.

Ahen you were two years old mummy called my phone so you could speak to me as you would call my name and this day out of the blue you said "are you okay"I had too ask you twice if that's what you said to me,mummy shouted in the background "yes he's asking if you are okay",well that was it I started crying again haha but happy tears because I thought oh my how sweet of a two year old child to ask his aunt is she ok,I was blown away and strangely enough that day I didn't really feel too great so when you said that I was astounded your such a lovely kind and caring child and I love you with every inch of my heart.