Wednesday 8th March 2017

So today you still slept through everything Like yesterday,you wake up briefly though for a drink off your mummy then you went to sleep again,mummy is still trying to take it all in as its Been a big shock too her but the doctors and nurses have been fantastic,they have filled her in on everything she needs to know about type 1 diabetes,they are going to show her how to administer the insulin you will need 4 times a day,she is ever so grateful she has there support as she feels like a deer in headlights at this point.

I desperately want to visit you but I'm unable too as I have to go to work,but mummy thinks it's best I don't see you because it would upset me seeing you with all those machines around you,you know how aunt race can get emotional when it's anything too do with you my love but my thoughts are with you every minute and second of everyday.

Tommorow is another day anyway our brave boy so there is bound to be some improvement,it's all about sorting your sugar levels out and stabilising you but I have every faith you will be fighting back tommorow and at least give us one of your big grins,you will be charging round that ward soon the whirlwind that you are.
_______________________________________

Thursday 9th March 2017
_______________________________________
So today I'm happy!!!because my little darling is wide awake.........I get a message whilst I'm in work saying you have had a bath and your hair has been washed and your currently in the playroom as they want to get you on your feet walking again after the few days in bed,I receive a picture of you sat at a table in the playroom with a jigsaw puzzle in front of you that you have taken out of the box,I just laughed and thought typical!,trust him to go for the jigsaw and not the other toys,you never cease to amaze me nothing suprises me with you.

Today mummy gives you your insulin for the first time,she has too learn before you go home,apparently you didn't flinch or make a fuss but mummy got upset afterwards when you were not looking,she's just very tired and still hasn't taken it all in because she's trying to be strong for you,she has not slept very much in a few days she is doing her best though.

I speak to mummy on the phone as I have called the hospital every day to check on you,the nurse passed the phone too mummy this time though, we had a chat but mummy got upset she is scared about going home with you she is afraid because she has all the support of the doctors and nurses there it's like a safety net but I reassured her she would manage just fine when she gets home and not too worry,she has the support of her family too so we will help her through it,it's just all new too her it's understandable,Things will be just fine im sure of it.