nannies recovery

When you were six weeks old my love and still a little bundle of joy you were taken too meet the special lady who was too become your best friend
the lady who you also look just like the lady you treat like she is made of glass the lady you are ever so gentle with your dear nannie.

You see nannie had been in hospital for three weeks by the time you were taken to see her because of course your mother had to recover from her emergency caesarean and also it was a concern taking you to the hospital incase you picked something up that would make you poorly but nannie was desperate to see you,she had been at the birth of all her five grandchildren but yours as she was so sick and she was always a hands on nannie so it was very important you both met and soon.

nannie had what is known as a stroke my dear,she was only sixty years old,now she was very sick and wasn't able to walk anymore or talk properly and could not use one of her hands  but we were hoping meeting her sixth grandchild might bring that spark back and help her fight her way back to recovery,she was so looking forward to meeting you the day could not come quick enough for the very special meeting.

Off you went in your pram to the hospital and there was your nannie waiting for you in her wheelchair,arms ready to hold you her precious grandson,the nurses has wheeled her out of the ward into a waiting room in case you caught anything in the hospital,it was a momentous occasion,you were placed in your nannies arms and I have that picture of you both as nannie is looking down at you,her heart melted on seeing you.

unfortunately because nannie was very weak and only had the use of one arm she could not cradle you as I know she would of liked so you were on her lap lying there looking up at her and your mother was close by if nannie struggled with you,nannie had an arm under your head though trying to support you,she could not hold you for long though because she was frightened you would fall off her lap as she could not hold you tightly enough but you had Both met and that had been my wish from the day you were born,my wish had been fulfilled.

That meeting is what gave your nannie the will too live and to fight her way back to recovery she was more determined than ever to get better now she wanted to do it for herself of course but also for you my love,she wanted to see her sixth grandchild grow up,she wanted to fight and get out of that hospital but she had a battle ahead of her before she could leave a battle she would win and all because of not only her pure grit and determination but because of you too.