you gave her strength

You were nine weeks old when nannie was finally released from hospital,she had to be transferred to another hospital for rehabilitation so she could learn to walk again so in all we were without her for over two months,she even spent Christmas and new year in hospital which was so sad for her and all my family to lose my grandmother nine months earlier after a five year battle with dementia then in the same year my mother had a stroke I was in complete despair but your smiling face was always there something for us all to focus on.

it wasn't easy for nannie the fighting back too health as she also had other health problems as her body was shutting down when she had the stroke and also she had pneumonia whilst in hospital yet fight she did!,isn't she remarkable?,all she would say was........"I have to see him grow up"she meant you my love you were her incentive her light at the end of the never ending tunnel of pain and struggle and darkness.

nannie wanted a puppy so we found one while she was still in hospital and the puppy would be ready by the time nannie came home,she had wanted a dog since she lost her other dog a few years previously.you know who I mean? the puppy Is your pal izzy and she is the same age as you isn't she?and Just as energetic and a whirlwind!,so nannie came home and a few weeks later izzy came to meet her the new puppy,nannie just loved that puppy but sadly we had rushed into the idea as nannie was walking with a Zimmer frame and couldent do much and grandad was caring for nannie so he had his hands full so I offered too take the puppy home with me and I would look after her until nannie was fit enough to have her back.

Wow this puppy was a whirlwind!,I also had a dog ar home so I had two dogs now,thankfully my dog was good as gold but not the puppy oh my she ran rings round me,she would have me up at 5am and I literally didn't stop until the moment I got up until I went to bed,I had to be careful because my dog was a little jealous and the pup would not leave him alone he had no peace,I toilet trained her and looked after her as best I could and taught her a few tricks and I had her for three months then I had to give her back to nannie as she was well enough to have her back but oh I cried!,I had grown to love the puppy it was really hard her leaving but I knew from the start she was only on loan to me I did it for nannie because I don't know what would of happened if I had not taken her as there was nobody else to have her.

So nannie was happy not only did she have her puppy back whom she adored but she also had you little man,you visited often and it made me so happy too see nannie being able to hold you properly,she still had a weakness in her arm and leg she always will but she was stronger now and the pictures I have of you both you are sat on her knee smiling at her And her you they are just moments to treasure,nannie always worried there would be no bond between you as she missed the first few weeks of your life but she had nothing to worry about the bond was unbreakable you loved her and she loved you and that's all there was too it.