42

cassian sighed as he pushed in the small stool at his counter. he was finished. all of his projects were done, all of his broken parts fixed.

he had nothing to distract himself with anymore.

"cassian!" k2so called in from the other room.

"coming." cassian said, monotone. he was talking less and less every day.

the captain walked into the front room where a medbay droid stood in his doorway.

"your pilot," the droid said as cassian stepped closer. "is awake!"

time paused around him. his heart beat against his eardrums as he pushed the droid out of the way, sprinting down the hallway towards the medbay.

he ran all the way to bodhi's room before swinging himself through the doorway. bodhi sat up, a caff in his hand. he moved his head slowly to the doorway and his eyes caught on cassian, widening. he put down the small caff in his hand as cassian took a step forward.

"force above." cassian said at almost a whisper, out of breath as he walked faster to bodhi's bedside. he enveloped the pilot in a tight, desperate hug, and bodhi hugged back with just as much desperation.

bodhi was shaking, his thin body unstable as he made room for cassian in the small emergency bed. he was lethargic and confused, the medbay droids had explained nothing to him when he woke just a couple minutes ago.

cassian pulled bodhi into his lap, the pilot's head resting on his collarbone. the captain held onto bodhi tightly, but not as to hurt him. he weighed less; the two weeks in bed seemed to have taken a large toll on the pilot.

they sat in the medbay bed for a while, just sitting in each other's company. bodhi moved his head up, using all his strength to point to the small tablet and pen next to the bed. cassian grabbed it and handed it to bodhi, and he started to write.

"how long has it been" it read in bodhi's sloppy, tired handwriting.

"two weeks and seven hours." cassian answered quietly. "i missed you a lot."

bodhi wrote again. "im sorry cass"

cassian shook his head. "baby boy, don't be sorry." he said as bodhi rested his head back on cassian's collarbone. "don't be sorry." he slowly swayed side-to-side, rocking bodhi as he drifted back into sleep.

cassian leaned against the wall behind him as bodhi dozed off on cassian's chest. he slowly ran his hand through the pilot's hair as he too started to fall asleep for the first time in days.

it felt good to be home.