30

bodhi woke to the familiar morning sounds of yavin 4, the hazy sunlight glowing in the dusty apartment.

he would never get used to waking up next to cassian's soft features highlighted by the white glow of yavin's large sun. the way his soft, chocolate hair flopped in front of his face and his eyelashes left soft shadows on his cheeks. his hands were curled up by his face, seemingly empty without bodhi's hands in them. he adored cassian more now than ever; this could be the last morning they would have together.

bodhi didn't want to think about scarif right now, at least not until he had to. he took one of cassian's hands as the captain slowly awoke. he smiled, eyes half open.

"bodhi..." he whispered tenderly as he caressed the pilot's cheek. he moved his hand to draw bodhi's stray hairs away from his face and behind his ear. cassian stared into bodhi's large, doe eyes, captivated in seas of chocolate brown. he kissed the pilot softly, tenderness filling bodhi's heart.

the sun heated the room as the two of them laid in peace, tangled together. cassian eventually sat up, saying how there was much to be done today.

"cassian," bodhi complained, pulling the captain back down next to him. "it's 0600 am. we have at least an hour."

cassian huffed as he played with bodhi's thin hand.

"i'm nervous, baby." he stated, avoiding bodhi's eyes.

bodhi hummed. "we all are. this is nerve wracking." he said quietly.

cassian shrugged. "i guess i'm more worried about losing you." he said, looking back into bodhi's sad eyes.

"you're not going to."