37

things were shaping up for cassian; jyn was in physical therapy and recovering just as well as baze and chirrut, and k2 had been backed up onto a certified rebel droid so cassian had someone to talk to while bodhi was asleep.

in fact, today marked a week. a week bodhi had been in a coma, and cassian was resulting to the same coping mechanisms he did the first and second times bodhi was restricted to the medbay.

although, informing k2 on everything that happened on scarif was beneficial. k had been rebooted just before they departed for scarif, and cassian had to tell him everything, which proved to be a pretty good distraction.

"we got them? the entire file?" k2 asked cassian as he worked on the inferior of k's abdomen.

"yea, k, we got the entire plan. we did it." he answered, unenthusiastically.

"you don't sound too happy about it. did your pilot get hurt?" k2 asked cassian with as much feeling as he could posses.

cassian sighed. "yea. he's in a coma right now." he answered as he snipped a thin red wire inside k2's chest.

k picked up a pair of wire cutters and fiddled with them. "i'm sorry cassian. i don't enjoy to see you like this."

"well," cassian said, finishing and closing the metal door to k's chest. "they have no idea when he's waking up. he's lost two of his limbs and a lot of blood. he's not in good shape." he paused, looking down. "neither am i."

-----------------

"you can see mr. rook now, captain andor." the medbay droid said as it motioned for cassian to follow it. he heaved himself out of his heavy chair and walked through the white halls until he reached a small room where the droid stopped. "you have two hours." it stated before zooming past him down the hallway.

cassian sighed as he pushed open the door. bodhi lay on a twin hospital bed, the sheets white and pristine just like the rest of the room. he sat down in the plastic chair next to bodhi's bed and sunk into it.

"hey, pilot." cassian said, almost at a whisper, already having to contain emotions. he swallowed his tears and continued. "i miss you a ton, baby. it's been, it's..." he stopped, holding his hand up to his mouth while hot tears escaped and ran down his cheeks.

cassian took bodhi's hand in his and squeezed.

"it's been hard, baby, really hard. i need you to come back for me, o-okay?" he pleaded desperately as more tears ran down his face. "this hasn't been easy. i miss you so much, bodhi, i love you. i l-love you, so much."

cassian laid his head down on the white bed to bodhi's side, sobbing into the sheets.

this wasn't going to be easy.