27

this was it.

the group had four days before they would get back into their stolen freighter and fly to scarif to retrieve the death star plans.

cassian and jyn had met with the princess and the senator and discussed a battle plan. a group of any rebels that would volunteer would follow the group to scarif; about two hundred had volunteered so far. it wasn't a lot, but it would have to do.

until then, bodhi, cassian, and the rest of their rag-tag group had four days to recover and recuperate before they left.

cassian couldn't decide if it was too much time or not enough. he wanted to have time to relax, but he was so anxious to get on the battle field and get the mission over with that he didn't know if he could enjoy the time he had.

he had bodhi, though. bodhi usually made things easier, but bodhi was only starting to remember things. it would take weeks for him to remember everything, if they even survived the suicide mission on scarif.

bodhi was sitting with cassian right now, both of them dozing off on the bed in their small apartment. cassian had to let bodhi in because he had forgotten the code into the room, and bodhi showed deep embarrassment afterwards. cassian hated seeing him like this.

"cass?" bodhi asked, head tucked under cassian's chin.

"yea?"

"did you call me baby before bor gullet?

cassian paused. "no, i didn't." he said as he slowly moved his hand up and down bodhi's side.

"i didn't think so." bodhi replied, playing with the stray string from cassian's worn shirt.

"do you want me to stop?" cassian asked, nervous.

"no, no," bodhi said, shaking his head softly. "i was just trying to remember."

"i see." cassian said, moving his hand to bodhi's hair and running his fingers through the tangled mess. they sat in comfortable silence for a while, bodhi listening to cassian's heartbeat while the captain untangled his matted hair.

"have i told you i loved you yet?" bodhi asked, taking cassian by surprise. it took him a while before he answered.

"not in english." he replied, taking bodhi's dirty goggles off the pilot's forehead and handing them to him.

"well," bodhi said, playing with the elastic strap on his goggles. "i love you." he said, reaching up to take cassian's hand.

cassian kissed the back of bodhi's soft hand.

"i love you too, bodhi."