Why You Always So Difficult?

Start from the beginning

"Karter!" I yelled. No answer. I was about to break down crying. The house was a mess there was glass almost everywhere and pictures of her and her mom all torn up and ripped. Cole grabbed my hand and slowly lead us to her room. He pushed open the door and I heard August scoff.

"What the fuck is that smell?" He held his nose. We walked in and there Karter was laying on her bed looking stiff as if she hadn't moved and just by the way the room smelled and the blood that was on her sheets and how her once beautiful face looked gave it all away. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I ran to her bed and held her hand as I cried.

"Ma-Malenda what happened?" I asked clearly already knowing the answer to my own question. She looked at me but I could tell she was zoned out. She looked lost in her own thoughts.

"Baby call the police." I instructed.

"NO!" Malenda yelled. I looked at her horrified. 'What do you mean no? Malenda look at you. You have scars and dried up blood all over your face and I know Rich had something to do with this." I yelled. I didn't mean to blurt out her secret because she always told me not to tell anyone cause she didn't want me involved but this had been going on far to long.

"Rich? Her boss. That's why you wouldn't stay last night?" August looked at Malenda as he put two and two together.

Malenda looked down breaking her eye contact with me. I guess she was ashamed. "If you call the police he'll kill me you know that Ty." She spoke low her voice sounding as a whisper.

"No he won't they'll keep you saf-" I didn't even finish my sentence because she cut me off. "If you call the police I'll deny it now do me a favor and get out my house. Just leave me here to die." She turned her back from me and I buried my head in my hands crying. Cole picked me up letting me cry on him.

{August Pov}

Now as much as I hate to admit. I felt bad for Malenda and all I wanted to do at this point was help her even though I told her hard headed ass to stay at my house last night. Now did I or did I not? Exactly. She never wants to listen but I wasn't gone tell her that. she was already going through shit so I'll let that slide for now.

"We're not going to just leave you here. But I'll make a deal with you. You can stay at my place until we get this problem resolved. You heard me?" I asked. Malenda shook her head no.

"To bad I'm not taking no as a answer." I slowly picked Malenda up being careful not to hurt her. We were taking her to the hospital whether she wanted to or not.

~

{Malenda's Pov}

I sighed. I was now back at the house with August. He had stopped by popeye's and got us some chicken. We were sitting at the table eating well I wasn't I was just sitting there looking at the food. I wasn't hungry I didn't want to eat or do anything else in the matter. I just wanted to die.

"You gone eat the chciken or just stare at it?" August asked annoyed. I appreciate him helping me out in my time of need but I wasn't hungry.

'I already told you multiple times I wasn't hungry." I rolled my eyes. He was about to speak again but the doorbell rang. He got up to get ther door and the next thing I heard was a womens voice. It was MamaAlsina as she entered the dining room where I was seating. She stopped talking when she saw me and gasped. I suppose I looked really bad ... but I didn't know I was to afraid to look in the mirror.

"Chile what happened to you?" She asked. Her voice was real soft and gentle.

"Mom chill out. She doesn't want to talk about it."

"I-I was raped." I blurted. She looked at me and pulled up a chair beside me. "Are you okay?" She asked. I shook my head no. She sat her purse down and wrapped her arms around my neck. The way she held me made me feel so safe and it brought back meomories when my mom held me like this. I no longer could hold back my tears I just cried on her shoulder.

~

"You straight?" August asked. He had just came out the bathroom from his shower and climbed in the bed beside me.

"I'm fine"

"You sure? Because if you want I could sleep on the floor."August suggested. I looked at him dumbfounded because I knew he was lying.

"Alright I was lying but I'm just trying to make you feel better."

"Then sang for me. I gave him pleading eyes and he stil shook his head.

"Please?"

"Okay. But after this don't ask me again." He said seriously and I just rolled my eyes.

"What you want me to sing?"

"Hell On Earth" His eyes widened and he looked at me. "Your mom showed me the book." I said referring to his book of songs.

I was d-block in the street life

Was on my grind so I didn't sleep nights

Used to push rocks out on my block

Saw police lights, I heard the gunshots

I had nowhere to go

At the end of the road

Had to do something fast

Now I ain't running no more

Cause I found the light at the end of the tunnel

That's why I kept my head high

Instead of sealing my faith

Sitting here wishing I would die

Living in hell on earth

Dead last so I couldn't see first

But I knew it wouldn't get worst

So it only got better (better)

And it's getting better

Living in hell on earth

Dead last so I couldn't see first

But I know it wouldn't get worst

So it only got better (better)

And it's getting better

Cause I knew one day that life would get better

Finally made a way so now it's all better

Cause I knew one day that life would get better

Finally made a way so now it's all better

Comment.

Vote.

(August is in external link and Malenda's outfit as well.)