TWENTY SEVEN

FRIDAY

  Friday was full of whispered confessions on a broken car.

It had started out like any other day, with Nico working at the coffee place and Will sitting around in his apartment, doing nothing and waiting to go pick Nico up for their small trip that he had planned.

  It was going to be perfect.

  A nice drive out to a beautiful park, some food and then some stargazing in the warmth of the night. Will was dying to just speed time up so that they could just hurry up and go already. When his patience had reached the end of it's limit, his alarm rang and Will practically jumped out of his chair, running around to get everything ready.

  After picking Nico up, they settled in for the long ride. The car was cozy, blankets strewn around because of Will's tendency to get really cold in the most inconvenient situations. There were a few containers of takeout laying the backseat at which Will had immediately flushed. 

("You really like takeout, don't you?")

("Oh, shut up.")

  Nico's eyes had fluttered shut one too many times and he turned up the radio, hoping to stay awake until they reached their destination. They were passing by a beautifully lush area of plains when suddenly, the car made a dying sound and Will worriedly glanced at his dashboard before pulling over to the side of the road with some effort. Nico's head bobbed up and his eyes grew wide with alertness. 

  "Did we run over something?"

  Will gave out a nervous laugh as he pried his eyes away from the big fat E he spotted on his dash, "No, actually. I may have forgotten to fill up the gas."

   I face-palmed, I had forgotten how stupid humans (read: Will Solace) could be sometimes. 

  It's not like he hadn't had all day to fill up the gas tank. No, of course not.

  Nico took pity on the boy when he realized how sorry he looked and smiled, "Well, better make use of this time then." He got out of the car and jumped up onto the roof, leaning back to stare at the sunset sky. Will watched Nico lying on his back for a moment before I gave him a push and he hesitantly climbed up to lay beside Nico.

   "I'm sorry this didn't turn out the way it was supposed to, again," Will whispered, for reasons unknown to him.

  Despite the fact that it didn't make any sense to whisper, Nico mirrored Will's actions, letting out a soft, "It's okay."

  They stared at the sky until it turned dark, both bodies bundled up into the blanket Will had brought up earlier. Nico pulled away slightly as he felt Will's leg bump into his and the blonde sat up. Nico, confused, mimicked Will, turning his head to look at him.

  With a small 'o' forming on his lips, Will's hand quickly reached out to brush something off of Nico's face. On instinct, Nico's eyes widened as he tried moving back to avoid what he thought was going to be a punch. Nico's hands slipped off the edge of the car and he would've nearly fallen over if it hadn't been for a strong hand gripping his waist. Nico winced as he felt Will's fingers digging into the bruises left on his ribs and he straightened up, positioning himself so that he was touching knees with the older boy.

  "Why are you always like this?" Will's voice came out in a surprisingly desperate manner, something that I knew he'd been holding back for 2 days.

  "You flinch away at close contact and when I look at you, I just- it feels like you're hiding so much and I don't know if it's because I like you or something else but it pains me to see you that way."

  Will eyebrows slanted upwards in worry and he stared at Nico, trying to figure him out. Nico sighed, deciding it was finally time to tell Will the truth, And so for the next hour, Nico sat with Will and told him everything about his dark past and darker present. He poured out the feelings he hadn't known he had been keeping in and I watched with sympathy when at the end of it all, he broke down into tears while Will patted his back, pulling him close and telling him it was okay to cry.

  Nico sobbed into Will's chest until at one point, Will started to talk. Tell him stories about how he used to play around with his brother and get in trouble on a daily basis because they stayed up too late just talking about god knows what. Will tried soothing Nico with good memories until he started to talk about the bad ones and in the next instant, Nico had stopped crying and was now staring at Will with teary eyes.

  Will, who was still pretty surprised with himself, shrugged and gave Nico a small smile.

  "Shit happens Nico, it's up to us to move on and find a way to forget about it."

  In that moment, Nico knew. He'd already found a way to forget about it.

  They spent the rest of their time laying in each other's arms while staring at the night sky in wonder, lost in thought until finally someone had found them and taken them home.

  That night, while they were sleeping, I extracted a small part of myself and planted it in each of their hearts with care. Because even if they didn't know it yet, I did. Nico di Angelo and Will Solace were slowly, but surely, falling in love.

--------------------------------

Wow this chapter is bad, I'm so sorry. 

 Note to Self: NEVER promise to update for 7 DAYS OF THE WEEK EVERYDAY because it's STRESSFUL and my writing just gradually gets worse.

  Anyways, This small series will wrap up tomorrow with a full scenario for SATURDAY and a mini little thing at the end for SUNDAY.

  [Mostly because I feel like I'm dragging this on for too long and partially because I'm a lazy child forgive me]